PDA

View Full Version : What i dont like about this job

JCrakers
23-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Its Half Term here and I'm working 4 days. I do have tomorrow off which is great and myself and DH are going up to Scarborough with 2 friends without the kids...cant wait! (first time away without the children in 15yrs) :clapping: This has been booked for months.

My own 2 kids (12 and 15) haven't really done anything this week as I've been busy working, they've just been in their rooms so on Monday I noticed that Alton Towers have Scarefest which I thought would be great for them. I told DH and he booked the Thursday off no problem and the kids have taken a friend each. So they've just set off.....

....leaving me here working as it was too short notice for me to book the day off..Boo

:crying:

natlou82
23-10-2014, 09:23 AM
What I've already learnt is that you definitely have less quality time with your own children :(. I'm really looking forward to my time off at Christmas just me and my family x

FussyElmo
23-10-2014, 11:54 AM
But in fairness even in employment you may have struggled to get the day off with such short notice especially in half term :)

loocyloo
23-10-2014, 12:12 PM
And although you don't always get quality time with your own children, you do see them everyday and are there for when they get home from school etc.

natlou82
23-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Oh yes definitely loocyloo if I wasn't doing this job I would be in full time employment so I do appreciate the obvious perks of being there a lot more than I would be :-)

shortstuff
23-10-2014, 12:43 PM
I agree on the quality front. Thats why ive booked to finish before the afternoon school run for the week of dd's birthday. The best part is he doesn't know :-)

tess1981
23-10-2014, 01:33 PM
And although you don't always get quality time with your own children, you do see them everyday and are there for when they get home from school etc.

I agree with this. When I worked five full days a week put of the house I seen the children from 6pm til bedtime around 8pm I also had to cook dinner and do homework in this time so hardly saw them at least now they come home do homework tidy their rooms and I have dinner sorted by the time the children go home so the evening is our own. Also helps they are now older and in bed later ..

Rubybubbles
23-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Mine are off this week and next, feeling the same waving them off fore a nice day out with hubby!! Never mind at least we see so much more of them xx