PDA

View Full Version : Poppy Appeal wrist slap bands / snap bands

Pauline
22-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Hi all

Does anyone know where to get a Poppy appeal slap/snap band? The things you hit on your wrist and it closes round it.

My 6 year old grandson was told that if they took £1 to school today they could have one, only they didn't get enough and he missed out.

I know kids have to deal with disappointment but it is hard when you are only 6 and you have your heart set on one all week. :( Poor little mite was so upset.

His dad is trying to find him one and I said I would ask all the lovely ladies and gents that I know :)

loocyloo
22-10-2014, 07:18 PM
that's a shame.

I haven't seen them anywhere. I have just looked on the poppy appeal shop Poppy Shop UK - All Products | Full Inventory (http://www.poppyshop.org.uk/all-products.html), and although I can see lots of lovely things, I can't see any snap wrist bands. could you contact your local british legion? or ask school where they got them from?

good luck

x

Pauline
22-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Thanks Loo, they might be something made by the school as they are not on the legion website. I'm sure they would be on there if they made them x

Mouse
22-10-2014, 08:49 PM
What a shame he didn't get one. Perhaps if there were enough children who missed out they could do another order.

KateA
22-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Sorry to hear he did not get a band, I can't believe school did not get in enough for all the kids in the school x

desiderata
22-10-2014, 10:31 PM
I have some blank snap bands if you could use one to make one for him............ just a thought I could post one to you ..

Pauline
23-10-2014, 08:53 AM
I have some blank snap bands if you could use one to make one for him............ just a thought I could post one to you ..

Thanks Desiderata, that's really, really kind of you. bless you.

Someone found some Star Wars ones on Amazon and I think one of those have taken his fancy :) He will still give his donation to the poppy appeal but get something that will last longer in his eyes!