PDA

View Full Version : Xbox help ppplleeasse?!!

smurfette
20-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Help me someone who knows!!
My girls want an xbox 360 for Christmas
., primarily for minecraft but I think they will use disney infinity also. We are not huge gamers , they have a wii used for mario racing mostly and Nintendo 3ds, and iPods which they use mostly for minecraft!

I know some models of 360 are problematic with red ring, but I can't figure out the difference between all the different models.. Trying to pick it up pre owned but don't know what I need! I guess decent storage and wifi is essential.
Appreciate any help!!

Chatterbox Childcare
20-10-2014, 01:11 PM
xbox one came out this year so it is the favourite and has fantastic graphics.

My son had the previous two models without any red ring problems

scottishlass
20-10-2014, 01:22 PM
My husband has Xbox 360s for years with no problems. He has recently for the Xbox one and wishes he had stuck with what he had as prefers that version. You should get a good deal as many people selling them to get the new one x

smurfette
20-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Yes have heard x box one not as good as in if uour friends don't have one you can't connect and the games from 360 don't work so think an older one would be fine.. Think it needs to be a 360 cos of the minecraft game x

FussyElmo
20-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Help me someone who knows!!
My girls want an xbox 360 for Christmas
., primarily for minecraft but I think they will use disney infinity also. We are not huge gamers , they have a wii used for mario racing mostly and Nintendo 3ds, and iPods which they use mostly for minecraft!

I know some models of 360 are problematic with red ring, but I can't figure out the difference between all the different models.. Trying to pick it up pre owned but don't know what I need! I guess decent storage and wifi is essential.
Appreciate any help!!

Sadly to said we have both 360 and th3 one. Both get played with equally. We also have mine craft for both versions.

I would say if your girls are not big gamers then the 360 will be absolutely fine.

Oh and we never have lost an xbox the the red ring

halor
20-10-2014, 05:06 PM
You can get infinity for the wii and also use the pc for minecraft. My son uses the computer which is so much easier as he doesn't hog the tv lol!

smurfette
20-10-2014, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE="halor;1381665"]You can get infinity for the wii and also use the pc for minecraft. My son uses the computer which is so much easier as he doesn't hog the tv lol![/QUOTE
Have the infinity for the wii: but on xbox it is 3 or 4 player, only two on wii so can't play together :(

So.. 360 it is but what model? Elite , arcade,
Slim, what gb?!!

FussyElmo
21-10-2014, 06:46 AM
Don't get the arcade.

You need something like this

Buy Xbox 360 250Gb - Matte Black | Free UK Delivery | GAME (http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-360-250gb-matte-black-147765?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=10471&catGroupId=)

Nice big hard drive :-)

wee_elf
21-10-2014, 07:29 AM
I have both the one and 360 and have had no problems with either. I would recommend the 360 for the children, i use the one primarily for netflix etc....i am not much of a gamer 😏

scottishlass
21-10-2014, 12:13 PM
The one fussy elmo has shared is the same kind we used to have and was great x