PDA

View Full Version : help!!!

emz31
17-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Hi,I'm currentry filling my 'preparing for you registration visit forms and I'm struggling on the first one.plan an activity for a four year old and a small child that covers all the areas of learning.

moggy
17-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Look in Development Matters, an activity like gardening can easily be stretched to cover all areas for a 4 year old or you can use a few different activities to demonstrate your knowledge of the Areas. For a baby/toddler again you can think of treasure baskets, basket of musical instruments etc. Just make a note per Area on what it covers- it is all in Dev Matters. Or you can refer to Early Years Outcomes which is more recent but much less use as it does not have 2 two useful columns that are in Dev Matters.

natlou82
18-10-2014, 07:36 AM
Singing is an excellent one as you can sing to a small child, and also the 4 year old but the 4 year old would join in with actions, different ways of moving, counting, alphabet etc x

natlou82
18-10-2014, 07:39 AM
Also looking at books together, a little one might enjoy looking at the pictures, pulling down the flaps, turning the pages. The 4 year old can interact with the book talk about the story maybe even read some words.

Chatterbox Childcare
18-10-2014, 12:40 PM
You will find that most activities cover everything for all ages. Keep it simple, in line with the 2 year old and extend for the 4 year old.

emz31
21-10-2014, 07:30 AM
Thankyou,I'm going to give it a go tonight.i sent a thread out about paying for my registration fee.how long does it take for ofsted to come out after paying for the fee.as I still need to get things in place xx