PDA

View Full Version : First potential parent tomorrow

gemma659353
15-10-2014, 07:40 PM
I have my first potential parent coming round tomorrow. I'm in the process of registering, just waiting for ofsted but parent is keen to find somewhere for the new year, what sort of things should I go through?

sarah707
15-10-2014, 08:16 PM
don't assume you will be registered by the new year you never know with the registration process...

That notwithstanding ... think about what you'd want to ask if you were talking to a childminder. Ask about the child - show your policies and talk about the way you work :D

Simona
16-10-2014, 06:57 AM
I have my first potential parent coming round tomorrow. I'm in the process of registering, just waiting for ofsted but parent is keen to find somewhere for the new year, what sort of things should I go through?

As mentioned the registration process can take a while but Ofsted do have 'guidelines' for achieving their targets and you can nudge them into action or ask why there is a delay?

I am not sure what Ofsted say the time limit is for registering a CMs but they must try to keep within those...Cms will be aware that the very 1st CMs agency was registered by Ofsted in 4 weeks and not the 16 required....so the system can be efficient?

Give Ofsted a ring....or whichever company is registering you.... and tell them you have a family waiting and wish to be registered ASAP...once you are registered you will then have your 1st inspection within 30 months

Keep your family informed and good luck!!