PDA

View Full Version : newbie

gemgz11
02-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Hi everyone,
I was planning to be a cm before my daughter came along and am now going on the pre reg course in a few weeks time. Basically the only thing thats concerning me is that we live in a 2 bed house. It isnt massive and i'm worried that will put parents off. My garden is large but my lounge is on the smaller side. Do you think this is going to affect anything?
Thanks

tulip0803
02-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Please do not worry. Childminder's houses come in all shapes and sizes - some live in big houses, some in small houses, some live in flats, some have gardens, some do not. All parents look for different things in childminders and when I was looking do DD2 the size of the house never even entered my head I was looking at the childminder and how she was with the children.

TabbyTuTu
03-10-2014, 10:09 AM
I am also pre-reg and also have had concerns about my home. I have three CM's nearby, one with a lovely house and large garden, one with a mahooooosive three bed, three reception room house with a tiny backyard, and another with a small two bed first floor flat on the high street with no parking! All have been CMing a long time and, although business is a bit low on the ground right now, still have children to mind.

I myself have a reasonably large first floor flat, no garden. My kids room is gigantic though, half of it is their playroom and a planned playroom for childminding, the living room is also large.... But I really worry about being on a first floor and having no garden!

Have you measured the square metres yet?

KateA
04-10-2014, 11:13 PM
hi I mind from a home that has a small lounge but huge garden its never been a problem x