PDA

View Full Version : had 1st ofted visit today.

emmaalex
07-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi Ive finally had my 1st ofted visit this morning. It well really well and the bloke was really helpful. He explained everything and what i need to finish.

Its going to take me about 2 months to get registered once all my forms have been sent off and i can have upto 4 children which is more than i thought because i thought i didnt have the room but i do.

Ive just handed my health dec form to my doctors and its going to take them about a week to fill it in and there is going to be a fee. which i think is expensive for what they have to do. There is only a couple of pages and i dont need a medical.

Thank you everyone for all you help and i will kepp you informed of my progress.
Emma. xxx

emma04
07-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Well done!:clapping:

I know i was horrified by the amount the doctor wanted to charge and the receptionist even had the cheek to say that she wasn't sure which doctor would do it, because they like to share things like that out!!! (i bet they ****** do at those prices!!):angry:

Hope all goes well!

manjay
07-01-2008, 05:18 PM
How much do you have to pay? Mine was £14 which I thought was ok

amanda xx

emma04
07-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Mine was £33!! for 2 pages of ticking!!

Raggydolls
07-01-2008, 05:29 PM
when i first phoned and asked about how much mine would cost to fill in the lady looked down her price list and quoted over 80 pound, we were both horrified, i told her it was only 2 pages and she said bring it in and i will ask someone elses opinion so i took it in and anyways they decided to charge me 27.50 in the end. result, as i can no way afford to pull out over 80 quid even if i will get it back :-)

btw the most expensive ive heard someone being charged is 130 quid and yep she had to pay it

leanne
xx

carolinel
07-01-2008, 05:36 PM
glad everything went ok, fingers crossed it all goes quickly now.

I asked my doctor how much the fee was and he said about £90, I was disgusted and he agreed it did seem a lot so he'd get his secretary to phone the main practice and check it and asked me to call back to confirm - well I just didn't call back so didn't end up paying anything.

It is the doctors discretion at the end of the day, if you get on well with him/her then sometimes they only charge a nominal fee.

I did think that the next time i went to docs for anything i would be pulled up about it - but nothings been said!

miffy
07-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Well done on getting through the first Ofsted visit

Hope you get all the paperwork done soon

Keep us posted

Miffy xx

bubbly
07-01-2008, 06:25 PM
My Dr charged £60 for my health dec. booklet. I was gobsmacked :eek:

Rubybubbles
07-01-2008, 06:26 PM
well done glad it went well:clapping:

For referrence my doctor charge £16 but this was in Scotland 4 yrs ago!

littlesprogs
07-01-2008, 06:27 PM
I didnt have to pay anything for mine but hubby said its because i'm with the RAF med centre and they are not allowed to charge for them thankfully

Trouble
07-01-2008, 07:32 PM
mine was 80:eek:

emmaalex
07-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Hi thank you ev1. the woman on the reception said it would be a small fee, but i went in last week to get a quote and it was going to cost me between 98-148 pounds. thats including a medical. I dont see how they can charge that much for answering a few questions on 2 pages. They could do in between seeing patients instead of chatting. lol so im hoping because i dont need a medical, it wont cost me too much.

Angela234
07-01-2008, 09:09 PM
My Doctor didn't charge me i expected him to he said don't worry about that and good luck. This was about 4 years ago shame hes retired now

Angela

Mollymop
07-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi Emma, I am so glad it went ok for you. I will be having mine within the next few weeks as I have just sent off the pack to Ofsted.
My doctor charged £20 which I was surprised at as I thought he was going to charge around £60, as I wouldn't have put it past him. lol:laughing: Stingy doctors.
Charging over £20 i think is way too much, all they have to do is sign the blooming form and check it.:rolleyes:

I hope your crb check is quick.

XXX

Mollymop
07-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Hi thank you ev1. the woman on the reception said it would be a small fee, but i went in last week to get a quote and it was going to cost me between 98-148 pounds. thats including a medical. I dont see how they can charge that much for answering a few questions on 2 pages. They could do in between seeing patients instead of chatting. lol so im hoping because i dont need a medical, it wont cost me too much.

Gosh Emma, How much!! I am shocked, Thats HORRENDOUS!!! I thought you don't need to have a medical, so why are they saying that unless the woman at the doctors doesn't really have a clue

deeb66
09-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Have to say I am shocked also about the amount they are charging....it is riddiculous!!

Wiggly
09-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Last year mine was to cost £73. When i gave the form to my doc she said she would do it and leave it a reception. I asked her how much it would be and she didn't know but said it would be more than £40. When I collected it they wanted to charge me £73. I said no way, my doc said it would be no more than £40.

Because of what my doc said to me, which they checked that she had said it, they did it for half price.

I can't believe how much they charge just to tick boxes - really annoys me.

Wiggly
x

Lou
09-01-2008, 08:48 PM
My doctor signed mine and then the receptionist rang and asked if i wanted them to send it off from there, i said yes please, so they did.

A few days later i got an invoice in post from docs wanting £70

HA HA HA

sorry that went in the bin!!!!!!!!!!

Monkey1
09-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Flippin eck! Cant remember how much i had to pay but i'm sure it was about 15 quid! how long does it take them? two minutes?
I bet half of them dont even look over your medical records! If they are charging about £70,they could do at least 10 an hour....now thats my kind of hourly rate!...how long will it take me to retrain as a doctor!:D

Lou
09-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Yeh and that was over 4 yrs ago aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kelly76x
10-01-2008, 07:26 AM
mine was also £70.00 but i was able to claim it back from early years i just went in with the reciept and they posted a cheque out to me.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
10-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi

I was really lucky I didn't have to pay for mine as my mum is the senior reception there but I do know she said it is now about £70 now.

I do think you can claim it back though.

Lorraine xx

emmaalex
14-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi just an update on my health dec forms. i got mine back today and i thought i was going to get charged for it. When i picked them up the woman on the desk said there u go and that was it. I was going to ask about being charged but as she didnt ask me, i didnt say anything. Im so glad i didnt get charged coz i think it is a rip off.

angeldelight
14-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Thats great Emma I would not have said anything either

Angel xx

buildingblocks
14-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Gary's was £20 just before Christmas and mine was that almost 5 years ago as well (different practises). I seem to remember that the NCMA was trying to get this standardised across the board no idea what happened to that idea