PDA

View Full Version : 9 months after the flood

Toothfairy
20-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone
You probably don't remember but we were flooded on Xmas eve and lost the entire ground floor of our home.
9 months on however, we are almost back to normal (just the gardens to go now). Last weekend we were able to move back downstairs! (We've been living upstairs for 9 months).
Luckily I'd given up Childminding in the September otherwise I would have lost my income too.
I thought you might like to see some before & after photos xxx

FussyElmo
20-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Hi everyone
You probably don't remember but we were flooded on Xmas eve and lost the entire ground floor of our home.
9 months on however, we are almost back to normal (just the gardens to go now). Last weekend we were able to move back downstairs! (We've been living upstairs for 9 months).
Luckily I'd given up Childminding in the September otherwise I would have lost my income too.
I thought you might like to see some before & after photos xxx

Its looking lovely - its must have been a long 9 months for you all xx

FloraDora
20-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Gosh I can't beleve that I have been going about my life happily for the last 9 months and you have had to live upstairs all that time! It has made me really think!
So glad that you are finally sorted, what a very long year this must have been for you! I expect you weather watch and appreciate your home now far more than the average Joe !

Lovely pics of your new downstairs, fingers crossed for a dry Year!

blue bear
20-09-2014, 02:17 PM
I've been wondering how you got on, glad you are getting back to normal bet it was a real strain living upstairs all this time.

shortstuff
20-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Oh wow. Looking good. So glad you are back almost to normality. I often wondered how you were doing.

loocyloo
20-09-2014, 09:59 PM
:-) good to see how you are getting on. I have wondered about you.
Looks lovely. Xxx

miffy
21-09-2014, 09:07 AM
It must be wonderful to have your whole house back! And it looks lovely.

Miffy xx

snortlet
21-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Glad to see you are getting your home back to normal x

hectors house
21-09-2014, 04:54 PM
I did remember you got flooded, so glad to see you are nearly back straight again - fingers crossed it's a dryer autumn and winter for you. :thumbsup:

AliceK
21-09-2014, 09:49 PM
I remember you posting about it at the time. Wow you just feel like you've got so much room now. How did your little dog get on living upstairs.
Glad you're back to almost normal now, must have been a long hard nine months
xx

Toothfairy
22-09-2014, 06:02 AM
Little Meg was really good AliceK.
Up until the flood she hadn't been allowed upstairs, so she thought she was royalty being allowed up there lol.
Normally in between her walks, she used to let herself in & out the dog flap for a run around the garden, so we just had to take her on lots more walks.