PDA

View Full Version : New Infection Guidance from Health England (update of 2010 Guidance)

rickysmiths
05-09-2014, 03:10 PM
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/350019/Guidance_on_infection_control_in_schools.pdf

mum67
05-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Thanks for that rickysmiths:)

Simona
06-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Thanks RS for sharing this :thumbsup:

lisbet
06-09-2014, 08:59 AM
Thanks for sharing the info. :)

Chimps Childminding
06-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Thank you. My poor printer is on overtime at the moment :(

Smileyface
06-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Thank you will come in handy x

tori4
06-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Thank you - are can't compare the 2 docs on my phone but has anyone notice any difference between this doc and the HPPA or whatever is called? TIA

Simona
07-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Thank you - are can't compare the 2 docs on my phone but has anyone notice any difference between this doc and the HPPA or whatever is called? TIA

I don't know which one you had before....I used to have one from my Local area ...this is brilliant because it's from HPE ...so no variations...one rule for all from one organization!
I have skimmed through this one and I would suggest printing it and putting in our portfolio...I will be using it in my Information pack for parents as reference

I think I have noticed some welcome additions and the guidance on vomiting and diarrhoea will leave no parents in doubt on exclusion :thumbsup:

Lal
09-09-2014, 09:43 AM
I've just read through section 6- Good hygiene practice. I just want to check if the document is 'best practice' or 'statutory' e.g. do I have to ware an gloves and apron when changing a nappy and have clinical waste collection in place or can I show I have taken reasonable practical steps to control infection?

Lal
12-09-2014, 07:03 AM
I've just read through section 6- Good hygiene practice. I just want to check if the document is 'best practice' or 'statutory' e.g. do I have to ware an gloves and apron when changing a nappy and have clinical waste collection in place or can I show I have taken reasonable practical steps to control infection?

Can anyone clarify please? I'm trying to update my policies/ procedures to fit with the new document and have a parent lined up to start as soon as my certificate arrives. I'd really like to be able to talk them through what I'll be doing and why.

Simona
16-09-2014, 01:57 PM

Some people use aprons others don't...I have some for dire emergencies such as a heavily soiled child who needs washing down
gloves I would use even if a guidance but up to you...they cost very little and protect you especially when children have diarrhoea

Nurseries get waste collected for nappies but cms do not need this
Put nappies in nappy sack and then another carrier bag and in your refuse bin...I mention this in my H&S policy and hygiene guidelines

Whatever procedures you use put in your policy and let parents read it and sign for it ...it will save you time at first meeting

It is up to you so do as you think is best for you...hope it helps?

Lal
16-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Some people use aprons others don't...I have some for dire emergencies such as a heavily soiled child who needs washing down
gloves I would use even if a guidance but up to you...they cost very little and protect you especially when children have diarrhoea

Nurseries get waste collected for nappies but cms do not need this
Put nappies in nappy sack and then another carrier bag and in your refuse bin...I mention this in my H&S policy and hygiene guidelines

Whatever procedures you use put in your policy and let parents read it and sign for it ...it will save you time at first meeting

It is up to you so do as you think is best for you...hope it helps?

I think it helps Simona. So, to clarify, even though the statutory guidance is for childcare settings, childminders are exempt from following some of the guidelines. ?!?

rickysmiths
17-09-2014, 01:17 PM
I think it helps Simona. So, to clarify, even though the statutory guidance is for childcare settings, childminders are exempt from following some of the guidelines. ?!?

This document is not a Statutory document but a Guidance document and indicates best practice. You do not have to do what it says.

Simona
17-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Lal...just as RS says...it is best practice but not compulsory