PDA

View Full Version : Brrr its cold out there today

FussyElmo
21-08-2014, 03:23 PM
I don't know whether or not its the wind but oh my word been to the park to meet a friend and we have been freezing.

Home now really need a blanket but refusing to put the heating on till late oct :D

Hope everyone has had a warmer day x

shortstuff
21-08-2014, 03:52 PM
im afraid I have caved and put the heating on.

But on a positive note ive been to se my consultant today and hes discharged me.which means my op was a complete success and ive got a clean bill of health :D

smurfette
21-08-2014, 03:59 PM
im afraid I have caved and put the heating on. But on a positive note ive been to se my consultant today and hes discharged me.which means my op was a complete success and ive got a clean bill of health :D

Fantastic news!!!! Well done! Xx

FussyElmo
21-08-2014, 04:14 PM
im afraid I have caved and put the heating on.

But on a positive note ive been to se my consultant today and hes discharged me.which means my op was a complete success and ive got a clean bill of health :D

That is fabulous news :clapping::jump for joy::clapping::jump for joy::clapping::jump for joy:

shortstuff
21-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Thanks ladies. A positive day all round. Even finished painting my chairs and table :-)

Have you seen my pic on fb? X

FussyElmo
21-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Thanks ladies. A positive day all round. Even finished painting my chairs and table :-)

Have you seen my pic on fb? X

I have seen it - it really is lovely x

childminder54
21-08-2014, 05:57 PM
How do you survive not having heating on till late October. I could not do that as we would be frozen. I'm already having blanket wrapped round me at night. How do you keep the house warm for your childminding.

shortstuff
21-08-2014, 06:09 PM
I have seen it - it really is lovely x

Ah thanks x

kellib
21-08-2014, 06:20 PM
I refuse to put my heating on until we come back from holiday at the end of October.

There's been a few nights lately when I've been tempted to put it on but I've just put a big jumper on and cuddled up on couch with the spare duvet!

bunyip
21-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Snow would be nice. :rolleyes:

FussyElmo
21-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Snow would be nice. :rolleyes:

Oh snow would be lovely we didn't get any decent snow this year :D

FloraDora
21-08-2014, 08:17 PM
What are you lot like????
Blankets, heating, snow talk !!
I am still ( 24hours to go) on my summer holiday! We are hosting a family and friend ' send off' barbecue (5 hours after we return to England - I am crazy! Shopping in E Le Clerc for wine is a bonus though- oldest mad son is giving up his life here to travel around South America for a year) on Saturday so I hope nobody is listening to your snow wishes!!

Warm evening in t he Loire - rose warming my toes.

FussyElmo
21-08-2014, 08:24 PM
What are you lot like????
Blankets, heating, snow talk !!
I am still ( 24hours to go) on my summer holiday! We are hosting a family and friend ' send off' barbecue (5 hours after we return to England - I am crazy! Shopping in E Le Clerc for wine is a bonus though- oldest mad son is giving up his life here to travel around South America for a year) on Saturday so I hope nobody is listening to your snow wishes!!

Warm evening in t he Loire - rose warming my toes.

Ok seeing as its your sons send off on Saturday the snow can wait till after your barbeque.

But it has been really cold here today as much as I adore the snow I would like the sun to make an appearance again soon x

Chimps Childminding
22-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Glad it wasn't just me that thought it was cold yesterday! DH thought I was mad when he came in to find me sat snuggled up with a throw and a hot water bottle! My co-minder and I been in the garden with the mindees yesterday but we didn't have jackets on just the scrubs we wear for work, I couldn't get warm once mindees had gone, and knew DH would moan if I put heating on :panic: