PDA

View Full Version : Good morning everyone

FussyElmo
18-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Not had an Angel morning post for a while so I thought I would do a Fussy morning post instead :D

So what is everyone up to. Are we still enjoying the holidays (I know our Scottish members would have/be starting the school runs)

Im taking my children to swimming and sports at a local school - ds has clicked that his own body will keep him afloat :clapping::clapping: just dd to go. Meet a friend there and while they play football et we have coffee - perfect :D

So what is everyone else up to

shortstuff
18-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Yay fussy:)

im off sick :panic: so DS and I are still in our pj's making loombands

FussyElmo
18-08-2014, 09:48 AM
Yay fussy:)

im off sick :panic: so DS and I are still in our pj's making loombands

Oh no hope its nothing too serious :(

Mine seem to have lost the loom band craze

Bumble Beez
18-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Have a day off...all 3 of my boys have appointments today of one sort or another!!
Not a lot else planned...just a see how we feel kind of day :thumbsup:
And my boys have moved on from loom bands since the holidays started, much more to do outside in the sun!

shortstuff
18-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Oh no hope its nothing too serious :(

Mine seem to have lost the loom band craze

Just the good ole 48 hours off malarky thanks.

Im planning ahead because the only girls I have in my setting are tto. Just getting my practice in so I can help or teach new patterns as needed x

shortstuff
18-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Have a day off...all 3 of my boys have appointments today of one sort or another!!
And my boys have moved on from loom bands since the holidays started, much more to do outside in the sun!

Hope the appointments are for good things.

I shòuld have 2 today :-(

Yeah ds has only started to keep up with the mindees lol x

Bumble Beez
18-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Two for eye tests...one for CAMHS...am struggling with DS11

kellib
18-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Morning :)

I had two new children start today, all seems well so far!

Done the school run, been to toddlers then going to feed the ducks after lunch!

shortstuff
18-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Two for eye tests...one for CAMHS...am struggling with DS11

Fingers crossed for you x

FloraDora
18-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Entering into the last week of my French break, I am supposed to be doing my french language homework as we are spending the evening with all french, no English speakers, but couldn't stop myself from popping on here! Wifi is sporadic but seems good this morning so taking advantage of catching up on emails/ avoiding homework! Made jam from fruit in the gite kitchen garden this morning and just about to cycle to the nearby village for fresh bread to try it out at lunch. ( taking advantage of being able to eat what we want at lunch instead of constantly thinking 'healthy eating).
Lazy reading afternoon planned as sun is shining and we have found a nice little secluded floral spot looking out onto the lake at the bottom of our land that doesn't get midges- just bees! But I expect My mind will wander and I will practice french conversations in my head in prep for tonight.
Hope the weather is staying good for those of you who are working - long weekend coming up!

AgentTink
18-08-2014, 11:08 AM
After a busy morning of 4 mindees and my own little girl, 3 mindees have just left, (as 2 were on a settling in session, and the other is only half day), and my own little girl has gone to her friends to play, it is now very peaceful. Just about to start lunch and then my mindee normally has 2/3 hours nap so can catch up on paperwork this afternoon. Cant believe how quick this summer holidays has gone.

hectors house
18-08-2014, 11:57 AM
3 mindees today - popped over to Longleat and went through Safari park (advantage of having annual pass and only living 10 mins away) - now back home waiting for rice to cook to go with chicken curry for lunch.

May get mindees to help make cakes for tea later (only because I fancy eating cakes)!

loocyloo
18-08-2014, 12:16 PM
today is the one and only child free day ALL holidays! ( not back at work until tomorrow and my own children are on an activity course 10-3.30 !!! )

i have managed to finally do my food hygiene ( thank you childcare.co.uk ), have got my LJs up to date, all bits & bobs filed in childrens files etc, done my planning for the end of the holidays, invoices written and emailed/delivered, attendence book sorted for august & september and just need to get photos/note books organised for new borrowing bags and i AM DONE! .... well ... there is always my SEF ;0)

Rubybubbles
18-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Still not working yet, but signed my first contract to start 22nd sept! Having a child free day too as mine on a golf week miss them like crazy having had them home since 3rd July! Won't be long until they go back to school on 3rdsept!

Xxx miss you all I do keep popping on while unpacking

blue bear
18-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Not working, lovely Walk on the beach this morning, little look on here then going to have a snooze :)

Maza
18-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Mindees, but especially DD have been hyper today. DH is working from home and finally has admitted that I have a hard job!!!

mum67
18-08-2014, 03:15 PM

erm did you say 'in the sun' Bumble Beez, where is it, what does it look like, can you touch it, is it nice, what colour is it, WHAT is it:D

mum67
18-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Well I have decided for the last two weeks of the hols, any Ofsted, paperwork, sorting toy boxes anything to do with childminding can sling it's hook. Sick of it and I'm not playing anymore and taking my ball in :D
Booked in at 5pm to have my nails done, it's a freebie and can't wait to see and spend time with the nail technician, not had a proper catch up in ages.
Happy Monday everybody:)

mum67
18-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Oh did I mention the nail technician is my darling daughter who has made a poster for her new salon opening today, she booked me in as VIP.
The salon is in her bedroom and she is 12 years old. Role play don't you just love it:laughing:

mum67
18-08-2014, 03:25 PM
today is the one and only child free day ALL holidays! ( not back at work until tomorrow and my own children are on an activity course 10-3.30 !!! )

i have managed to finally do my food hygiene ( thank you childcare.co.uk ), have got my LJs up to date, all bits & bobs filed in childrens files etc, done my planning for the end of the holidays, invoices written and emailed/delivered, attendence book sorted for august & september and just need to get photos/note books organised for new borrowing bags and i AM DONE! .... well ... there is always my SEF ;0)

Aww child free day all holidays and you had to do all that on your 'DAY OFF', big hugs to you loocyloo:)

mum67
18-08-2014, 03:28 PM
3 mindees today - popped over to Longleat and went through Safari park (advantage of having annual pass and only living 10 mins away) - now back home waiting for rice to cook to go with chicken curry for lunch.

May get mindees to help make cakes for tea later (only because I fancy eating cakes)!

mmm sounds like a plan, curry, rice and cake. Kids guess what's for tea tonight mummy's cooking for a change:D

hectors house
18-08-2014, 03:41 PM
mmm sounds like a plan, curry, rice and cake. Kids guess what's for tea tonight mummy's cooking for a change:D

Kids just gone home, they had a cake for tea and took one each home - still lots for me - munch munch - shouldn't really be stuffing cakes as going out for a meal later with friends!:D

loocyloo
18-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Aww child free day all holidays and you had to do all that on your 'DAY OFF', big hugs to you loocyloo:)

:-) sounds daft but I've really enjoyed getting everything sorted with NO interruptions ...
Picked my children up and they are so shattered :-) they are just reading books quietly in their rooms without being told so I've now finished everything (except SEF) and have just cooked huge curry! Yummmm

FussyElmo
18-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Thanks to the cheap swimming sessions my two youngest are now conquering their fear of water (probably mainly down to me being a wuss lol) Ds2 is now so confident hes trying to dive in and get hoops of the floor and dd2 has swum a width - so proud of them :clapping::jump for joy::clapping:

Now watching Pointless and then two tribes then I going to cook dover sole in ginger and lime - spoiling them tonight

funemnx
18-08-2014, 06:24 PM
I've had 6 today and we started off by spending the morning with another CM at a local National Trust place to let them run off steam. The diet isn't going so well as yet again I gave in to the cheese scone calling along with my pot of tea!

I think they all have monday itis as they all argued over the new Thunderbird vehicle this afternoon with tears every 5 minutes until I confiscated it! Looking forward to tomorrow when we visit the local zoo (with only 3 children) ;)

Bumble Beez
18-08-2014, 06:42 PM
erm did you say 'in the sun' Bumble Beez, where is it, what does it look like, can you touch it, is it nice, what colour is it, WHAT is it:D

Yes...yes I did!!
It's not been too bad at all in lovely suffolk...
Raining now tho...but from what I saw today, it was bright, pretty and kinda warm :panic:
Not sure how long that'll last tho haha xx

AliceK
18-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Yes...yes I did!!
It's not been too bad at all in lovely suffolk...
Raining now tho...but from what I saw today, it was bright, pretty and kinda warm :panic:
Not sure how long that'll last tho haha xx

I want some of that sun stuff. Last seen properly two weeks ago and I'm getting bored waiting now. Had my big thick cardi on today, I've been freezing for days now although I could just be coming down with something.

xxx

mum67
18-08-2014, 10:47 PM
I want some of that sun stuff. Last seen properly two weeks ago and I'm getting bored waiting now. Had my big thick cardi on today, I've been freezing for days now although I could just be coming down with something.

xxx

I've put the heating on:laughing::laughing:

Bumble Beez
19-08-2014, 04:17 AM
I've put the heating on:laughing::laughing:

:eek:...one of my mums said she had put the heating on last week :panic:

Sarah x

Maza
19-08-2014, 07:04 AM
:eek:...one of my mums said she had put the heating on last week :panic:

Sarah x

Even hubby agreed that we needed the heating on yesterday. We also put our thick Winter duvet back on the bed. It's lovely!!! I felt the need to make apple crumble and the smell of cinnamon made me feel all Autumnal. Then I looked at Winter boots and coats on the internet (expensive :panic:). Oh I am such a Winter/Autumn girl!

AliceK
19-08-2014, 07:29 AM
oooh I have been so tempted to put the heating on over the last few days but I have resisted, I just can't bring myself to do that in August :panic:. My poor DD can't understand why I won't let her put her strappy summer dresses on each morning, she keeps telling me "but mum it's summer". Yeah, summer in the UK :angry:

xxx

tess1981
19-08-2014, 07:44 AM
Went to the boyfriend house on Friday and he had fire lit.... heating been on few hours over weekend...
Did a sponsored 55 mile cycle on Sunday could not get warmed when I came home so heating went on... booked yesterday off but it has hit me today.... I suppose celebrating til 3am after it didn't help lol

hectors house
19-08-2014, 08:00 AM
Off to Bath City Farm today - anyone live local and fancy meeting up?

smurfette
19-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Still not working yet, but signed my first contract to start 22nd sept! Having a child free day too as mine on a golf week miss them like crazy having had them home since 3rd July! Won't be long until they go back to school on 3rdsept! Xxx miss you all I do keep popping on while unpacking

Was thinking of you yesterday and wondering how you were getting on! Well done on contract x