PDA

View Full Version : Wine

Tealady
14-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Friends of ours gets a deal from a friend who works for a wine merchant.

Mixed box of 12 bottles for some silly price. They are bin ends or damaged labels or foil seals.

Normally perfectly palatable. Some have been off so always best to check carefully before pouring.

They bought couple of bottles to dinner a few weeks ago but we didn't open the second one.

Opened it for the Spag Bol tonight. Poured into glass to check before glugging into the bolognese. Bit browny red so either old or the air had got in. Tasted OK.

Checked lable... 1985 and French. Googled and sells for 30 quid a bottle :-o

Suffice to say it is decanted for us to enjoy later.

Maza
14-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Friends of ours gets a deal from a friend who works for a wine merchant.

Mixed box of 12 bottles for some silly price. They are bin ends or damaged labels or foil seals.

Normally perfectly palatable. Some have been off so always best to check carefully before pouring.

They bought couple of bottles to dinner a few weeks ago but we didn't open the second one.

Opened it for the Spag Bol tonight. Poured into glass to check before glugging into the bolognese. Bit browny red so either old or the air had got in. Tasted OK.

Checked lable... 1985 and French. Googled and sells for 30 quid a bottle :-o

Suffice to say it is decanted for us to enjoy later.

When you say for 'us to enjoy later', you do mean 'US' don't you??? Just grabbing my raincoat...

Koala
16-08-2014, 06:19 AM
When you say for 'us to enjoy later', you do mean 'US' don't you??? Just grabbing my raincoat...

mine too!! :jump for joy:

smurfette
16-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Lucky escape it didn't go into bolognaise! Hope you enjoyed!

Tealady
16-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Wasn't that special in the end. I think I prefer something younger with a bit more fruit ;-)

smurfette
16-08-2014, 11:07 PM
Wasn't that special in the end. I think I prefer something younger with a bit more fruit ;-)

Doh after all that! We were all virtually enjoying it with you!