PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what I'm doing! Please help.

sab
13-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Hi, I finished my cm training in march/April and have my DBS but due to health problems I had put the whole process on the back burner but I am now ready to continue with getting registered but don't know where to begin. Please could you guide me on a few things, how do I do hubby's ey2 and dbs? When do I do my medical? And how? Also apart from the above and contracts, equipment and resources is there anything else I need to do. Sorry for the long post x

moggy
13-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Hi, I finished my cm training in march/April and have my DBS but due to health problems I had put the whole process on the back burner but I am now ready to continue with getting registered but don't know where to begin. Please could you guide me on a few things, how do I do hubby's ey2 and dbs? When do I do my medical? And how? Also apart from the above and contracts, equipment and resources is there anything else I need to do. Sorry for the long post x

Follow the instructions here:
Ofsted | Register as a childminder (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/early-years-and-childcare/become-childcare-provider-or-childminder/register-childminder)

Vikki5531
13-08-2014, 05:10 PM

Hi,

Before your Husband can complete the EY2 form, you need to get his DBS check - and you do this through Capita - did you use Capita when obtaining your own DBS?

With regards to your medical, if you Google 'Ofsted Health Declaration Booklet' you can print it off, fill out your sections and take it to your Doctors to complete it (your Dr may charge you for this, mine cost £25).

Once your Husband has his DBS back, you can submit your application to Ofsted - it took 12 weeks for my visit from sending my application.

Just make sure you've got all your Policies & Procedures, risk assessments and complete the 'Preparing for your Registration visit' booklet from the Ofsted website as this will help you during your registration visit.

Good luck and any other questions just ask xx