PDA

View Full Version : bedroom sleeping only risk assessment

Kidston
09-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Sorry me again with more questions

Im doing a risk assessment of my little girls room which will only be used for naps. My LA have said because its only for sleeping i wont need to secure the wardrobe or shelving unit to the wall.

On the risk assessment should I list these as hazards but says as its only for sleeping no further action is required or just not list them at all?

moggy
09-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Sorry me again with more questions

Im doing a risk assessment of my little girls room which will only be used for naps. My LA have said because its only for sleeping i wont need to secure the wardrobe or shelving unit to the wall.

On the risk assessment should I list these as hazards but says as its only for sleeping no further action is required or just not list them at all?

Is this for naps for a baby in a cot?
or a toddler/older child who can get up and move about if they want?

For a baby/cot then just RA what is a risk to the baby in the cot- just need to be sure they can not climb out of cot.
If an older one who could get up and about then I would RA while room as if it was a play room (they can get up to all kinds of mischief when you think they are asleep and it only takes them a moment!)

AliceK
09-08-2014, 09:43 PM
I only use bedrooms for sleeping in cot or buggy so I just RA that there is nothing they can touch / pull by standing up / sitting up and reaching over. I wouldn't put an older child upstairs to sleep.

xx

Kidston
11-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Thanks everyone.
I will only be putting a child to sleep in a travel cot in the middle of the room so they wont be able to reach anything so i'll just risk assess the cot.