PDA

View Full Version : poisonous plants

Kidston
09-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Hi does anyone know where i can find the list of poisonous plants we can not have in our gardens.

thanks in advance

Vikki5531
09-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Hi does anyone know where i can find the list of poisonous plants we can not have in our gardens. thanks in advance

Hi,

I was given a handout on my LA course, if you PM me your email address I will send it across to you x

FloraDora
09-08-2014, 07:17 PM
http://apps.rhs.org.uk/schoolgardening/uploads/documents/c_and_e_harmful_602.pdf

I found this helpful.

mum67
09-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Still not sure if we just have to know which are poisonous incase we have them in our garden or to make sure we get rid/don't have them in our garden. Everything is so contradictive, "children should know the dangers around them and be taught how to use tools, plant safely" then the opposite "children should be safe in the environment they are in".
Who writes these things?

Kidston
09-08-2014, 07:51 PM
thanks vikki you star :clapping:

mum67 i know its so frustrating! My LA where very strict up on checking the garden throughly before registration to make sure there are no poisonous plants though.
Not sure where i stand with roses and thorns though?

moggy
09-08-2014, 08:02 PM
I do not think it is reasonable to be able to rid our gardens of all 'poisonous' plants (daffodils? bluebells? privet hedges? ivy? leylandii conifer trees? holly?). And what about stinging nettles? Prickly brambles?

And what about when we are out in parks, playgrounds, woods, countryside? We can not rid the children's environments of these risks.

I supervise children and teach them not to touch/eat plants without checking with me first. This is in my RA.

bunyip
10-08-2014, 08:20 AM
thanks vikki you star :clapping:

mum67 i know its so frustrating! My LA where very strict up on checking the garden throughly before registration to make sure there are no poisonous plants though.
Not sure where i stand with roses and thorns though?

Could you respectfully ask if the LA will also close down all of their own parks, gardens, cemeteries, allotments and other open spaces which are found to include a single poisonous plant? :(