PDA

View Full Version : What wierd and wonderful excuses did you give......

Mrs Scrubbit
08-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Go on then.... for not doing your homework ? I can't think of any ( too many years ago:panic:.......OR....I always did mine:littleangel:....ummm not so!) xx

clareelizabeth1
08-08-2014, 07:29 PM
I was a bit to honest once and told my English teacher I hadn't done it as it was a waste of my time. I was dyslexic was never gonna be able to spell and she was doing my nut and making me feel rubbish for not being able to. I got sent to the head of year who put me in detention for a week but also changed my English teacher so I was happy in the end but still believe the homework was a waste of time.

shortstuff
08-08-2014, 08:03 PM
My bro told a teacher he got abducted by aliens on his way home from school on the fri afty and didnt get dropped back till mon am which coincidentally was when it needed handing in lol.

Mouse
08-08-2014, 08:34 PM
I remember once I didn't learn my german vocab and we were having a test in the lesson after break. At break time I went into the classroom & wrote all the words on the desk. After the test (100% score ;)) I spent the rest of the lesson carefully rubbing out the words :blush:

mum67
08-08-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm guilty for giving my children loads of excuses, I know, I know, scold me now and sit me on the naughty step. But sometimes it's easier than getting the dreaded phone call about how important it is to their grades, which amazingly they still manage to get without handing it in all year round. My son, he says "mum nobody does homework trust me it's a pointless" while I'm still nagging on over him about I've done my time in school and sick of being told off on the phone by a teacher as if it's me who never handed it in on time. Really it p****es me off, I don't even answer now, I know its them because they withold number so that's my excuse for that as well.

Here's a few and I hope none of the teachers are on here:blush:

***** couldn't do his homework because he was at a wedding in London at the weekend with dad and the car broke down on the way home so it was too late on Sunday to do it, sorry it won't happen again.

*****hasn't done his homework because he was playing football (he never plays football) and the ball whacked his wrist back when he went to save it, we was in the A&E all night and they bandaged it and said it needs resting for a few days, (this got him out of drama also, double points for mum), I even bandaged it so it looked like we had been hossy.

*****has done his homework but left it in uncles car who lives 25 miles away so can't get it until weekend when he is back home from working away. sorry it won't happen again. ( see the pattern with the sorry yet)

***** did do his homework but his big brother spilt a full carton of coke all over it and never tried to dry it up or tell us. Sorry it won't happen again.

I really can't go on telling you anymore, I need to go to confession and say the rosary tonight, just writing them makes me think about the staff comparing my excuses to each other over coffee or something stronger at break time. lol

Wouldn't mind always did my homework as a teenager, can still see myself lay out on living room floor working away to get it done to go out and meet friends, and my mum wasn't even strict it was the nagging off the teachers I didn't want, so much for that I get it now for my son:D:D

mum67
08-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Mouse my friend did something like you for a German test only she wrote all the answers on a small piece of white fabric and sewed it into her pencil case, she put a few pens in there and kept moaning out about stupid new pens not working so she could keep dipping in for the answers when stuck, the teacher told her to be quiet when there's a test on but also said "I know what you mean though it is annoying when that happens, scribble it hard on the paper first for the ink to warm up and come through", unbelievable hey, true though, she told us at break when we asked her what she was laughing at.

she used this trick so many times and others who nicked the idea:)

mum67
08-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Mrs Scrubbit I do believe you are trying to bring out the worst in us poor childminders today by 'fessin up' ;)

Mrs Scrubbit
08-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Gosh! lots of brilliant ones, mum67 your on a roll there!....keep them coming everyone:thumbsup:xx

Mrs Scrubbit
08-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Mrs Scrubbit I do believe you are trying to bring out the worst in us poor childminders today by 'fessin up' ;)

Who me!........................na, just a bit bored, :Dxx

Mrs Scrubbit
08-08-2014, 09:13 PM

Anyway mum67 it was you who gave me the idea............partner in crime:laughing:xx

sarah707
09-08-2014, 11:14 AM
I was a swot :D:D

Daisy De
09-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Me too Sarah, don't think it would have occurred to me not to do it.

How boring I was lol :-)

ziggy
11-08-2014, 12:22 PM
I was minding for family of 2 at primary school a couple of years ago, it was a lovely evening and they were staying with me overnight. We had tea, then went lake side park for about 2 hours. Had wonderful time looking for mini beasts etc etc.

As they were getting ready for bed one of them mentioned they hadnt done their homework!!!!!!!

So the following morning I sent note into teachers saying that living in Ireland we rarely get to see the sun or spend an evening out having fun. I went on to say that i thought children probably gained more from our time at the park than they would sitting doing worksheets.

I think the amount of home work children get now is just madness