PDA

View Full Version : HMRC confused....

LittleRabbits
07-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Right, so I have visited the HMRC website to register for self employed and got confused!

I have registered as a partner for self-assessment and class 2 NICs.... is this correct? I am a childminder working together with another childminder in the same home. Do I need to register anything else with HMRC and taxes??

Chatterbox Childcare
07-08-2014, 10:41 PM
You both should be registered as self employed and you can then register as a partnership which requires a separate return.

LittleRabbits
07-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Which form do I complete to register? I just did the partner one? Im starting on my own as of 1st sept n friend joining as soon as we have couple more children

Chatterbox Childcare
08-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Are you a member of Pacey? they have the complete rundown and links in their factsheets of everything you need to do?

If not go to hmrc and search registering as self employed

You need to keep separate accounts for self employed and partnership

LittleRabbits
08-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Okay thank u :-) .... I have registered with pacey. Waiting for my pack to come through

LittleRabbits
14-08-2014, 07:36 PM
My pack came today and theres nothing in there about tax or self employment. Its not even got my insurance certificate?!

Chatterbox Childcare
15-08-2014, 08:18 AM
The fact sheets are all online. Log into Pacey and it will all be there. Sorry links to Pacey are not allowed but happy to help if you pm me

LittleRabbits
16-08-2014, 10:45 AM
My certificate came yesterday :-) have been looking through the paperwork. Dont know whether to use their contracts and other paperwork or continue to use our own paperwork. I think I will use theirs but add important bits of ours such as permission forms etc

LittleRabbits
16-08-2014, 10:46 AM
Thanks chatterbox :-)

Chatterbox Childcare
16-08-2014, 11:34 AM
I only use their contracts, I have my own consent form, record information sheet, parents guide etc.. Use what you like, add want you need. Just read the notes on the back to make sure you understand how to fill these in