PDA

View Full Version : Any one watching the bake off!

ja-lula-belli
07-08-2014, 05:31 PM
I all are any of you watching the bake off? It's one of my favourite things on TV! I loved to bake and create lovely treats but now I haven't the time so I have to watch others instead! Lol

hectors house
08-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Really tempted to make a swiss roll as have an old school friend coming to visit tomorrow - but haven't made one since CSE Home Economics in 1981!

AliceK
08-08-2014, 12:30 PM
I love this program, it always inspires me. I bake cakes and biscuits all the time but they are never fancy and pretty, just don't have the time. I wonder who gets to eat all the cakes they make after the show and I wonder if Paul and Mary get sick of eating cake?

xxx

funemnx
08-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Sick of eating cake? NEVER! :laughing::laughing:

The 17 year old girl is very good for her age and there's a guy there looks just like Tiger Woods! :D

Daisy De
08-08-2014, 01:01 PM
What I like about it is that, although they are all good bakers, they do get things wrong, do make mistakes or have disasters, it seems real and believable.

Plus I enjoy thinking about eating all those yummy cakes :-)

FussyElmo
08-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Really tempted to make a swiss roll as have an old school friend coming to visit tomorrow - but haven't made one since CSE Home Economics in 1981!

I want to try a patterned one :thumbsup:

ja-lula-belli
08-08-2014, 01:19 PM
Yeah well the pressure must be intense ! They get the simplest of things wrong sometimes! It drives my hubby mad. " these are the best in Britain and try can't even tell the difference from sugar and salt!" Lol
" you can tell me that everyone who entered these are the best ! It's a fix! It's a fix! "

I love it anyway!

hectors house
10-08-2014, 08:28 AM

Bottled out of making a swiss roll and made a victoria sponge with jam and buttercream filling, buttercream on the top and grated chocolate - and I didn't need Mary Berry to tell me that it was "dry" - I knew as soon as it came out of the tin.

ja-lula-belli
10-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Bottled out of making a swiss roll and made a victoria sponge with jam and buttercream filling, buttercream on the top and grated chocolate - and I didn't need Mary Berry to tell me that it was "dry" - I knew as soon as it came out of the tin.

Lol x x x bet it was yummy!!!

loocyloo
10-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Swiss roll is really very easy and very fast!

I remember when I was at college we had to do cookery and one lesson was Swiss roll ... The teacher came in and told us to start and she would be back in a minute...well about 10 mins later she came back and mine was made and rolled up! :-):-):-) she then asked me to make hers!

(I had however turned my oven on as soon as I walked in the door as I knew it took a while to warm up!)