PDA

View Full Version : Emergency contact policy

appletart88
04-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Hi all, I am trying (and failing!) to write my own emergency contact procedure- what would happen if I was taken to hospital etc I am really struggling as to what I would do! Do you keep photos of each child and there parents alongside their contact details in a sealed envelope to ensure they are handed over to the correct person or do you just have your emergency contacts sort out contacting the parents?
Ahhhh! My mind is blown over this!
TIA

moggy
05-08-2014, 12:45 PM
I do not have a special policy for this. It is such a very very unlikely event and could, if it ever happened, be part of a 1000s different scenarios, that trying to write a specific policy seemed pointless.

It is covered in my general Accidents & Emergency Policy. I do carry children's contact details but I do not specify exactly how or what or where in the Policy as I may want to change or adapt how I do this and do not want to have to change my Policy every time.

Best just to make sure you have the basics covered yourself- ICE number in your phone, 'I am a child minder' card and your DH/back-up adult's details in your travel First Aid pouch and/or purse (paramedics would know to look there) and children's details in whatever way you feel comfortable with (some like to carry photos, some do not etc).

Chatterbox Childcare
05-08-2014, 01:52 PM
I am attaching my Emergency Procedures. Both of my emergency contacts hold a copy of my Record Information Sheet in a sealed envelope and parents have consented to this in my Consent form. Only downside it that is needs updating constantly but it works.

appletart88
05-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Thank you that would be really helpful, the more I thought about it the more I thought I was opening a huge can of worms! Going to attempt it again tonight