PDA

View Full Version : Oh bum!

tulip0803
29-07-2014, 12:19 PM
I have just boil washed a load of clothes :eek: :panic:

shortstuff
29-07-2014, 12:36 PM
oh no, can you stop your machine or is it too late?

tulip0803
29-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Too late:(

Realised as I took the tea towels off the line. Was on the rinse cycle. Everything looks ok apart from 2 of DD2's t-shirts that no longer have prints (one was new:(). Truth will be when people try to wear them:p

shortstuff
29-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Oopsie. Sounds like something that I usually do :-(

sing-low
29-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Oh dear! How old is DD2? Will she be upset?

bunyip
29-07-2014, 05:33 PM
I have just boil washed a load of clothes :eek: :panic:

You need a wife..................it's amazing what they can do. ;)

Mummits
30-07-2014, 11:41 AM
I have done similar. I think it's really daft that the default setting on my machine is "Whites" when anyone with any sense (such as one of those marvellous WIVES) would make it "delicates".

My favourite setting however is Dark Materials.

bunyip
31-07-2014, 09:58 AM
I have done similar. I think it's really daft that the default setting on my machine is "Whites" when anyone with any sense (such as one of those marvellous WIVES) would make it "delicates".

My favourite setting however is Dark Materials.

Sexism alert (although it's my own sex I've having a go at).

Dare I suggest the default setting was probably designed by a man? ..............and perhaps one who gets his washing done for him?

It's like the way high kitchen units are designed by tall men to be used by short women. (In my case, it helps me appear useful around the house by simply lifting down those things Mrs Bunyip cannot reach. :rolleyes:)

Mummits
31-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Now Mr Mummits is not useful - I mean tall - or do I?

shortstuff
31-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Sexism alert (although it's my own sex I've having a go at).

Dare I suggest the default setting was probably designed by a man? ..............and perhaps one who gets his washing done for him?

It's like the way high kitchen units are designed by tall men to be used by short women. (In my case, it helps me appear useful around the house by simply lifting down those things Mrs Bunyip cannot reach. :rolleyes:)

I so agree with you on both counts. Although im too stubborn to ask oh to reach things I have a handy step :-). Even ds has noticed im a shorty now lol.