PDA

View Full Version : Hate being skint

covgalxxx
28-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Have people lining up to sign contracts this week meeting a mum at the weekend, and another wants help next week... But no money as yet, I live of my partner who pays all the bills the shopping everything, my daughters birthday last month so are really skint.. Can't afford to pay for gold membership, and look a parent try's to get through to me on childcare, so just pees me off a bit.. Sorry rant over

Mouse
28-07-2014, 01:49 PM
It's rubbish when you've got no money :(

It would probably be worth it if you could scrape together the £20 for one month's membership of childcare.co.uk. Do you have anything you could sell? I had a clear out of one toy cupboard recently, listed the stuff on local facebook selling pages and childminder selling pages, and made £50 in a day :thumbsup:

mum67
28-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Covgal unfortunately it's the same story for most of us at the minute. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Think positive and positive things will happen.

hectors house
28-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Have a look on the local parents listed currently on childcare.co.uk - are there any you would like to contact with regards to looking after their children, if so then one months membership may be all it takes to fill your spaces.

Either that have a look on vistaprint and see how much the cheapest business cards are and small magnetic car stickers are - hand out business cards everywhere you go and look for notice boards where you can pin on a free advert. Stand outside your towns next NCT sale and hand out cards to everyone.

covgalxxx
28-07-2014, 05:40 PM
He found the money, I didn't question it just quickly paid for my gold membership and emailed 2 mums, I have business cards up in all local shops, which had no enquiries from, one woman googled me , and 2 have come from child care, I do believe word of mouth works better as googled mum ex childminder messaged me today to care for her children

Snowwhite
28-07-2014, 10:34 PM
Have people lining up to sign contracts this week meeting a mum at the weekend, and another wants help next week... But no money as yet, I live of my partner who pays all the bills the shopping everything, my daughters birthday last month so are really skint.. Can't afford to pay for gold membership, and look a parent try's to get through to me on childcare, so just pees me off a bit.. Sorry rant over

I feel for you as i have for several months and still am going through it now and have sponged off my husband.I went from earning a decent wage to earning a crapy one! All because i lost 2 under 5's around the same time and haven't been able to replace them.Not so much lack of enquiries but lack of what i am needing.Have had the odd temporary ones. Thankfully in Sept i have an under 5 starting with me, but if i hadn't then as much as i like my job i don't think i could have continued. In regards to advertising you name it i've done it! Your business will pick up and that may be very soon or a few months down the line.Don't give up, i didn't. Just had to make a few life style changes to make ends meet.I believe i am good at my job and have plenty of experience,i just haven't always ticked every parents box at times,but i know it's nothing personal.x

covgalxxx
29-07-2014, 01:03 AM
Yeah it's been hard for a while over 5 years ago I was a single mum looking after my disabled child but she passed away money went down then and year after she passed I moved in with my boyfriend through it be easier but I think its harder, did work as a home care but don't drive only have set hours to work sometimes I wasn't earning enough, then got pregnant , but didn't go back to work as thought I would be a childminder a year ago, but now I am I am going to make this work for my disabled one I miss her everyday, I'm so used to being a stay at home mum this is the only job to make sense ... I get there I won't give up thanks xx

Snowwhite
29-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Oh bless you. All the best and you have the right attitude about it all.x

mum67
29-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Yeah it's been hard for a while over 5 years ago I was a single mum looking after my disabled child but she passed away money went down then and year after she passed I moved in with my boyfriend through it be easier but I think its harder, did work as a home care but don't drive only have set hours to work sometimes I wasn't earning enough, then got pregnant , but didn't go back to work as thought I would be a childminder a year ago, but now I am I am going to make this work for my disabled one I miss her everyday, I'm so used to being a stay at home mum this is the only job to make sense ... I get there I won't give up thanks xx

Hugs to you. Your:littleangel: is watching over you. xx