PDA

View Full Version : New childcare minister is given a wish list by the EY sector

Simona
28-07-2014, 12:45 PM
The Nursery World linkedin group asked its members to make 3 wishes for the new minister...the artcle lists a selection

I got carried away with my wishing and made 5 requests:

1. Lift the veil of secrecy regarding CMs Agencies
We need information that is shared by all, keeps every one informed, reduce the worry, diminish the anxieties and eliminate assumptions.

2. The reassurance that Independent CMs will have equal opportunities to access support and training as agency cms and no 2 tier system should be created by the introduction of agencies as was obvious when networks operated.

3. To allow independent cms access to Ofsted 'Getting Good' seminars to improve practice

4. To look at the LAs continued imposition of conditions on CMs and have a system with some common practice across the 152 LAs.

5. If the minister is to communicate via Twitter the reassurance that CMs will not be blocked and all will be equally listened to

Early years sector's wishlist for the new minister | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1145614/gyimah-takes-childcare-dfe-line?utm_content=&utm_campaign=28.07.14%20NW%20Update&utm_source=Nursery%20World&utm_medium=adestra_email&utm_term=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nurseryworld.co.uk%2Fnur sery-world%2Fnews%2F1145614%2Fgyimah-takes-childcare-dfe-line)

Mouse
28-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Very good Simona.

I would also ask that the minister looks into the level of funding LAs pay for 3 & 4 year olds. It would be good if he realised that in many LAs the childcare providers are actually subsidising the government scheme.

Simona
28-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Very good Simona.

I would also ask that the minister looks into the level of funding LAs pay for 3 & 4 year olds. It would be good if he realised that in many LAs the childcare providers are actually subsidising the government scheme.

As you can see from the wish list many in the sector wished for funding to be sorted...Truss left the job unfinished in that instance and looks like agencies are not taking off either ;)
She came and went ...she saw and rarely listened and... never conquered !

My wishes were purely from a cm's point of view...selfish I know but we need to be listened too

With so many looking into the actual cost of childcare such as the Lords and the recent CAB survey...I wonder when the govt will realise that pitiful funding is the reason for higher fees.
I hear more and more of settings withdrawing from the FE altogether...now that is something to watch

Mouse
28-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Yes, I've heard of settings no longer offering funding. I'm sure I read something recently that showed the Lords were of the assumption that all the funding they allocated for FE reached the providers. it'll be interesting to see if that's picked up on and if LAs are made to hand more money over.