PDA

View Full Version : help..pre reg tuesday..question!

Lisa77
27-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Hi all..

I have my pre reg on Tuesday and have just been revising my questions, I'm unsure whether I've answered the first one right.."for each of the 7 areas of learning and development give an activity example for 2 yr and 4 yr old.." instead of listing individual activities I thought baking. For psed its taking turns and sharing, c&l is talking through what were doing and retelling, literacy..Following recipe and so on. Then the same for gardening. Is this completely wrong or acceptable?! Last minute stresses are on! Lol *panic!*

LittleRabbits
27-07-2014, 07:58 PM
With my pre reg I was asked each area individually. It's more simple than you think. Just give an example of physical dev... E.g. Using a walker to develop gross motor skills with walking, and for a 4yr old, using a pen and writing own name would be fine manipulative skills. We went through every area like that. Have you used 'development matters' before? Great for ages and stages of development. Try not to worry :-)

NinkyNonk
28-07-2014, 11:29 AM
I was asked them individually too....I just jotted down a few activites for both ages in each area and referred back to it. The pre-reg was really easy, not scary at all (even though she was here for 4 hours!) More of a chat as she wasn't really firing questions at me. They just want to know you've got the basic understanding of the EYFS. I'd waited months for mine so was just so glad to get it done!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Lisa77
28-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the advice. I've listed them individually now, all prepped with surely more than enough paperwork now and yes I'm glad to get it over with too!
Roll on tomorrow evening..hopefully a toast to six months hard work complete! X