PDA

View Full Version : somewhere for a day out by myself

desiderata
27-07-2014, 03:51 PM
I dont want sympathy but it happens to be my birthday tomorrow and due to divorce etc. and my dd and ds being at work it will mean that I am by myself all day. So I am looking for ideas and suggestions where I may go to enjoy myself.......... I spend lot of time alone lately so dont want to stay at home.....

funemnx
27-07-2014, 03:59 PM
How about a lovely, relaxing facial or massage at a spa? Or, a lot of lovely places do a very nice afternoon tea.... I love visiting National Trust or Englis Heritage sites - something I have done on my own a lot :thumbsup:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :clapping::jump for joy::clapping:

loocyloo
27-07-2014, 04:28 PM
I hope you have a lovely birthday. Could you go to the theatre or cinema?
If the weather was nice my day would be spent on the beach; reading a book and people watching.

Tulip
27-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Happy birthday for tomorrow, hope it is the start of a fantastic year ahead for you :)
I think I would do something that you can't really do whilst childminding. Sit yourself down and make a list and the idea's should start to flow
If it was me I'd be off for some clothes shopping, taking a friend would be nice. I generally go on my own as not got much time and don't want to be distacted. Have a wonderful, wonderful day x

desiderata
27-07-2014, 04:33 PM
thanks ladies, a beach would be wonderful but living in the Midlands we dont have any that close.. with the weather it would have been wonderful too x... might have a look at the map see which towns are outdoors close by ish with a river perhaps
but knowing my luck it will pee down tomorrow .. and thank you for the birthday wishes xx

Maza
27-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Oh Happy Birthday!!! How about getting a manicure or a pedicure (great for Summer sandals!). x

Mouse
27-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Happy Birthday for tomorrow :clapping:

My ideal day out by myself would be a day at a health spa. When I go with friends I know there are always lots of people there by themselves. I'd swim, have a massage & facial, go in the sauna and just have a lovely relaxing day :thumbsup:

Rachel6
27-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Happy birthday for tomorrow, where abouts in the midlands are you :-)

clareelizabeth1
27-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Have a good day what ever you do.

When I get a moment to myself I like to go around national trust places and just walk. Love going to rivers and watching boats go by.

smurfette
27-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Have a lovely birthday tomorrow!

QualityCare
28-07-2014, 10:58 AM
:birthday::birthday: Hope you found something nice to do and you havn't had the horrendous thunder storms we have had this morning.

Rachel6
28-07-2014, 11:36 AM
You could go & see "wicked" if you turn up on the night they offer seats at reduced prices. Monkey forest & gardens in Stoke. Whatever you do have a nice day x

loocyloo
28-07-2014, 12:06 PM
:clapping:HAPPY BIRTHDAY :clapping:

have a lovely day xxx

desiderata
28-07-2014, 02:42 PM
thank you ladies, I drove to Worcester and had a walk by the river. we have had sunshine... and its been nice... just been let down badly by someone tho so my heart is hurting at the mo... head should have known better........ but still head up and move on ........ his loss

shortstuff
28-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Oh sorry to hear your heart has been hurt again.

Otherwise I hope your birthday has been good x

smurfette
28-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Sorry to hear that Hun xx my aunt lives in Worcester it is beautiful by the river x