PDA

View Full Version : Safety Glass

Ellisha
24-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Just waiting for my DBS checks and medical booklet to be filled in, so I'm looking at what needs to be done to the house.

We have an internal door which has two panes of glass, one at the top and one at the bottom. I'm going to get safety film for the bottom. Do I need it for the top?

Also do I need safety film for the shed?

FloraDora
24-07-2014, 09:52 PM
I did my top and bottom glass as if the door slams for any reason the top glass could shatter.
I made DH do our garden room / shed but he reckons the film only goes to a certain temp so if it freezes it won't be any use - I did it anyway - just in case balls etc head towards that area ...glad you mentioned this as we did say we would replace them this summer with proper reinforced glass- I will put it on his to do list!!

Ellisha
25-07-2014, 01:03 PM
I did my top and bottom glass as if the door slams for any reason the top glass could shatter.
I made DH do our garden room / shed but he reckons the film only goes to a certain temp so if it freezes it won't be any use - I did it anyway - just in case balls etc head towards that area ...glad you mentioned this as we did say we would replace them this summer with proper reinforced glass- I will put it on his to do list!!

Great thanks!