PDA

View Full Version : Nail dilemma

FloraDora
23-07-2014, 07:58 PM
So...I have never had nice nails, broke easily always worked with EY so lots of opportunities for them to break. Never paid much attention either.
Miracles, 2 weeks ago I thought 'my nails are growing' and now ...I have nails!!!

My hands now look a bit old and wrinkled though!

I have decided that on Friday I will treat myself to a proper manicure but My dilemma is - what colour nail polish? Googled this dilemma- some are saying nude...some are saying if you go red then people look at nails and not hands...honestly ..this is causing me real problems!

My hands are like spades, never been very elegant , a little wrinkled and freckled given that I am in that age group of pension days at the superstores are attractive.. But I have nails for the first time since I was 22!!!

Any suggestions of colour ? I nicely shaped them today ..then googled and discovered that squareletto is the style now!!

Need advice before Friday please.

FussyElmo
23-07-2014, 08:14 PM
There are so many nowadays. They will match your nails to your outfit or if you are attending an event match it to them.

I personally would go for a colour as it does dramatically change the appearance of your hands.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nail+art&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ZxfQU5u2Oqay7AbHyoCQCA&ved=0CDUQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=643

I do like the black ones with the gold swirls etc:thumbsup:

FloraDora
23-07-2014, 08:24 PM
There are so many nowadays. They will match your nails to your outfit or if you are attending an event match it to them.

I personally would go for a colour as it does dramatically change the appearance of your hands.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nail+art&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ZxfQU5u2Oqay7AbHyoCQCA&ved=0CDUQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=643

I do like the black ones with the gold swirls etc:thumbsup:

Wow! my dilemma was colour...now the world has just opened up, thankyou.
No event - except that I have nails...love the black with one gold effect..but on wrinkled. Freckled hands?
I have never had a manicure since my wedding day in 1978!

FussyElmo
23-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Wow! my dilemma was colour...now the world has just opened up, thankyou.
No event - except that I have nails...love the black with one gold effect..but on wrinkled. Freckled hands?
I have never had a manicure since my wedding day in 1978!

People will only see your nails :D

FussyElmo
23-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Ask the manicurist for her advice she should be able to recommend something :thumbsup:

I really want superheroes but never seem to get around to booking an appointment :rolleyes:

Mrs Scrubbit
23-07-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't have great nails either as soon as they reach a decent length they break/split. Both my careers didn't/don't help ,hairdressing and childcare plus the fact that I have low calcium levels too. When I do varnish them ( when going somewhere special!) I prefer to use nude/pale colours, but thats just me being me as I don't like bright or bold colours. xx

FussyElmo
23-07-2014, 08:41 PM
I love my nails at the minute they are on a short period but I will grow them back.

I have had them all an inch long :D

FloraDora
23-07-2014, 08:44 PM
I don't have great nails either as soon as they reach a decent length they break/split. Both my careers didn't/don't help ,hairdressing and childcare plus the fact that I have low calcium levels too. When I do varnish them ( when going somewhere special!) I prefer to use nude/pale colours, but thats just me being me as I don't like bright or bold colours. xx

I am not usually a bright or bold colour person either...but the theory behind bright nails - nobody looks at your hands is something I feel I should research! My instinct is to go ..nude..nobody notices but me...but I am told this is not the case!

FloraDora
23-07-2014, 08:45 PM
I love my nails at the minute they are on a short period but I will grow them back.

I have had them all an inch long :D

ENVY...and you live in Stoke on Trent...you must have a lovely life!

FussyElmo
23-07-2014, 09:04 PM
ENVY...and you live in Stoke on Trent...you must have a lovely life!

Not sure about that :laughing::laughing::laughing: however I have a happy life so I guess it is lovely :D