PDA

View Full Version : Admission appeal procedure

appletart88
22-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Hi I am looking at applying for the 2 and 3 year old funding through my LA, as per there terms I need to have an admission appeal procedure, does anyone have one of these? I have no idea what I should write so any advice will be greatly received thanks.

moggy
23-07-2014, 06:03 AM
What?! LA should not be adding requirements, you are not a nursery. I would politely write. 'n/a' on the form!.

Alternatively, ask other local CMers what they did, ask LA for clarification or an example.

There have been threads about LAs adding requirements and how that is not allowed.

bunyip
24-07-2014, 03:41 PM
I suspect this may be part of the massive hangover LAs are still suffering from the days when CMs simply could not gain access to what is still all too often referred to as "nursery funding".

The forms I had to complete were clearly written for nursery use, and they were being sent out to 100's if not 1000's of CMs to fill in.

We also had to kick up a stink to get the LA to amend the posters in children's centres, libraries, health centres, etc. - all promoting "free nursery places". :mad:

snortlet
24-07-2014, 03:51 PM
I have one for Northamptonshire. When I go on the pc later I will post it up for you.

appletart88
24-07-2014, 03:53 PM
I have one for Northamptonshire. When I go on the pc later I will post it up for you.
Ahhh thank you! I'm in northampton so that'll be great :-)