PDA

View Full Version : DBS been with police over 60days

Kidston
20-07-2014, 07:31 PM
I want to scream DBS has been with the police over 60 days now and Im going to have to call them up to chase it tomorrow. Its absolutely ridiculous how long its taken. Its been with the police 60 days but i applied for it nearly 3 months ago!

hummingbird2014
21-07-2014, 08:40 AM
When u ring the DBS people u will get fobbed off my other half's is taking ages (not 90 days thou) and they give u a vague it could be anything response just letting u know so u are ready for their response
Hope u get this sorted soon xx

Kidston
21-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Thanks hummingbird
Ive escalated it online but cant do my husbands till Wednesday lets hope it does get sorted in the next 10 days arrrr!

hummingbird2014
21-07-2014, 08:22 PM
That's good hope u get it soon xx

littlefootsteps
23-07-2014, 12:28 PM
They had mine for about 3 months, I called the police up and it was done the next day! DBS tell you lots of rubbish lol x

Kidston
23-07-2014, 04:02 PM
They had mine for about 3 months, I called the police up and it was done the next day! DBS tell you lots of rubbish lol x

Did you just call your local police station?

hummingbird2014
24-07-2014, 06:52 AM

Yes please who did u ring? Xx

Kidston
24-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Getting so fed up of this now.
I called my local police station who put me through to west midlands police dbs centre who told me they havent recieved anything from capita about the check being advanced cause of it being 60 days. They said it should hope fully be looked at next week but thats just an estimate.

I call capita to say the police havent recieved anything and they said its been sent and nothing they can do. Arrrrr!

hummingbird2014
24-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Getting so fed up of this now. I called my local police station who put me through to west midlands police dbs centre who told me they havent recieved anything from capita about the check being advanced cause of it being 60 days. They said it should hope fully be looked at next week but thats just an estimate. I call capita to say the police havent recieved anything and they said its been sent and nothing they can do. Arrrrr!
Get on there case Hun and keep monitoring the progress online
Get on there nerves bad style!!! Ring captia then DBS then police and the breathe and repeat! Xx
My partners progress has been upgraded to printing today!!!! - I know this may not help but still xxx

littlefootsteps
28-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Sorry I took so long to reply, I'm getting my head round the app lol.
I called 101 and asked for Derbyshire. After a lot of explaining I got transferred to DBS who said they'd keep an eye on it. X

hummingbird2014
28-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Ring them every day as it seems it's them that taking the biscuit! When we rang our police they sent there bits of over week ago and it was DBS dragging there feet xx
DH is in the post as of today xx

Kidston
28-07-2014, 06:46 PM
still nothing! going to call again in the morning

Kidston
03-08-2014, 02:05 PM
This is ridiculous!
Still nothing im spending most of my time worrying and stressing out the DBS check coming back!
Ive called capita and the police every day for the last week and the police are still saying its going to take another week.
Tomorrow its been 14 days since I escalated it so if they cant help me any more tomorrow im going to put a complaint in even it wont make any difference.

Kidston
09-08-2014, 07:58 PM
now been 14 weeks and still nothing. constant phone calls has made no difference.
last i was told was it should be done by friday. friday has been and gone and still nothing.

west midlands police have made this such a stressful horrible process:angry:

Kidston
11-08-2014, 08:05 PM
finally after all this time our dbs are done.
now lets see how long it takes to receive them

midomidi2013
23-08-2014, 02:35 PM
When u ring the DBS people u will get fobbed off my other half's is taking ages (not 90 days thou) and they give u a vague it could be anything response just letting u know so u are ready for their response
Hope u get this sorted soon xx

west midlands police have made this such a stressful horrible process