PDA

View Full Version : 15hr funding

LittleRabbits
18-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Can anyone help me find a document that states LA's should not be putting barriers in the way of childminders wanting to access the 15hr funding for 3 and 4 year olds please? I want to email my LA to see how I can provide the funding but don't want them saying I have to be graded etc as that won't happen for another 6 months or so... I need the funding from 1st Sept when I start. If I tell them I know they shouldnt be stopping us then hopefully they will allow us to provide it

Koala
19-07-2014, 07:01 AM
If you need the funding for September you need to ring them now to get it in place, from my experience it can take time to get stuff sorted, dependent on authority, i.e. payment set up, service specification, a grant funding agreement and contract documentation etc... to complete, it's not that simple so don't leave it too late.

I know authorities have their own agenda and unfortunately i'm afraid although we should be able to access the funding seamlessly :laughing: local authorities are a law unto themselves sometimes. I would suggest if you are having problems that you involve your parents - get them involved - possibly get them to ring the authority stating they want to access their child's funding at your setting. :thumbsup: choice for parents and all that.

Authorities are fully aware of what they have to do, whether they do it or not!? is a whole other ball game. But I would like to see them deny a parent FEEE for their child because they want to access it at a childminder setting. :D

Good luck and get on the blower Monday before the end of term. :thumbsup:

LittleRabbits
19-07-2014, 07:16 AM
I started writing an email to the council last night but I wanted to put something in it to show them I know they can't fob me off. I only had my pre-reg visit yesterday so I was waiting to go through that before sorting out funding. I should have my certificate by 1st Aug. Summer term has already ended, last day for some schools in my area was Thurs 17th and others Friday 18th. I will email the council. I tried looking on their website and don't know who to ring as none of the numbers seem the right area for what I need.

Mouse
19-07-2014, 07:23 AM
Have a read through this

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/269734/early_education_and_childcare_for_local_authoritie s.pdf

Particularly A3.6

It also says near the beginning that LAs shouldn't set their own criteria.

LittleRabbits
19-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Just what I was looking for!

Thank you :)

hectors house
19-07-2014, 09:29 AM
I told our LA that childminders don't have to have a level 3 anymore to deliver the funding so they took that criteria off their list, but made it so childminders who do have a level 3 get an extra 72p per hour - so in effect not worth childminders without the level 3 doing funding as sure it is below their normal hourly rates.

I would phone or e-mail your LA first thing on Monday to get the ball rolling - forms sent, any additional training booked (when I filled in my forms I was horrified to find "I was my own SENCo" - so I went on a short SEN course - which of course now needs updating, with the relaunch of guidelines for Sept 2014.

Simona
19-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Can anyone help me find a document that states LA's should not be putting barriers in the way of childminders wanting to access the 15hr funding for 3 and 4 year olds please? I want to email my LA to see how I can provide the funding but don't want them saying I have to be graded etc as that won't happen for another 6 months or so... I need the funding from 1st Sept when I start. If I tell them I know they shouldnt be stopping us then hopefully they will allow us to provide it

The DfE states that only good/outstanding cms should receive funding
LAs are, however, allowing non graded CMs to draw the funding and also some /Requires improvement/inadequate if they are taking a Quality Assurance scheme

As stated each LA varies and from Sept 1 they will be under pressure to allocate more funding because there is a huge gap in funded places and LAs will be paid 'by result' on the places they secure

I would contact the LA finance dept rather that your EY team as they will be working during the summer as well and ask them the date they need the census to be submitted for the Autumn Term funding which is likely to be mid Sept.

You could also ring Ofsted and ask when you are likely to be inspected and graded as you wish to start drawing the funding

Good luck

Mouse
19-07-2014, 10:10 AM
The DfE states that only good/outstanding cms should receive funding
LAs are, however, allowing non graded CMs to draw the funding and also some /Requires improvement/inadequate if they are taking a Quality Assurance scheme

That's not quite correct, Simona.

DfE guidance states that for 2,3 and 4 year olds LAs should fund new providers before their first inspection and that for 3 and 4 year olds they should fund providers graded satisfactory/requires improvement.

Of course it's the inclusion of the word "should" that leaves these things open to interpretation.

Simona
19-07-2014, 11:29 AM
That's not quite correct, Simona.

DfE guidance states that for 2,3 and 4 year olds LAs should fund new providers before their first inspection and that for 3 and 4 year olds they should fund providers graded satisfactory/requires improvement.

Of course it's the inclusion of the word "should" that leaves these things open to interpretation.

I was following this document...same as you posted... and also what my particular LA does and says in their Conditions of Funding
Other LAs allow less than good cms as long as they were being Quality Assured but that is gone now

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/269734/early_education_and_childcare_for_local_authoritie s.pdf

Apart from the inconsistency of who does the funding the whole aim , I thought, was 'high quality'?...very confusing of course

LittleRabbits
19-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Ah thats good if get more. Ive got my level 3 and level 5 in early years leadership. I am looking to do the senco training but cant do until ive left work as they wont allow me to go on training during work hrs. I want to do my early years teacher training too but guna do my level 6 first, think i'l go through open uni