PDA

View Full Version : Just wana cry :(

littlepumpkins
18-07-2014, 01:30 PM
In ally got through to Ofsted, spoke to a lovely old guy who ensured me my application as been successful and I just receive my Ofsted ref number and invoice in the next few days, told me to email across all my certificates, and health deceleration BUT social service checks are taking up to 12wks to complete :(
Just when I thought things were looking good for September :(
Anyone's SS checks go through quicker than this? Please let there be someone xx

hummingbird2014
18-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Oh hunni keep with it I'm trying for sept as well x I have my fingers crossed for you xx Someone on here chased there's for over an hour on the phone and sorted it maybe need to get on there Cases? Xx
Sending big hugs xx

Vikki5531
18-07-2014, 01:52 PM
The same thing happened to me, each time I emailed Ofsted, they kept saying they were waiting for my Social Services checks from my Local Authority.

In the end I got onto my local Councillor who was really helpful and chased it up for me with the Manager in Social Services. Within 2 weeks I then received the call from the Ofsted Inspector!

Fingers crossed your Local Authority don't take ages completing yours xx

shortstuff
18-07-2014, 03:58 PM
I would suggest phoning ss yourself. I did and my pre reg was sorted within about a week.

tonib
18-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Ah really feel for you. My DH took ages so I kept phoning Ofsted. They emailed SS a couple of times then eventually rang them. The check came through within a couple of days. After Ofsted had all info pre reg visit was arranged for ten days later and I received my cert today two weeks after visit.
I didn't bother with email as I thought perhaps it might help if I put how desperate I was vocally! Doubt it made any difference but you never know and I was polite.
Good luck I've got everything crossed for you x

littlepumpkins
18-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Aww thank you :)

I got my local MP in the end to chase mine and hubby's DBS's and within 2wks we had them so if need be il use him again.

I don't understand what is the difference of the SS checks to the DBS child protection checks, surely they must be linked?
Xxx

shortstuff
19-07-2014, 04:04 AM
They are different unfortunately. A dbs is a check into any criminal acts. The ss report is to see if you have had any dealings with them in relation to children.

Hope you get it soon.

littlepumpkins
19-07-2014, 07:06 AM
I hope so too, il be calling every week till I get that pre-reg x

jitterbug
19-07-2014, 08:46 AM
I wish you the best of luck, my social services checks (from 2 local authorities) took 1 week so there is hope xxx

littlepumpkins
19-07-2014, 09:05 AM
I wish you the best of luck, my social services checks (from 2 local authorities) took 1 week so there is hope xxx

Thanks Hun, that gives me hope as hubby will need checks at two LA too x

littlefootsteps
24-07-2014, 04:33 PM
I called them my self and they were done next day. Showed up on ofsted online today!
Hope you are registered soon :) x

littlepumpkins
25-07-2014, 07:36 PM
I called them my self and they were done next day. Showed up on ofsted online today! Hope you are registered soon :) x

How long did you wait until you called them Hun? X

littlefootsteps
28-07-2014, 08:41 AM
It was about 7 weeks in I think x