PDA

View Full Version : Activity ideas at pre-reg?

littlepumpkins
15-07-2014, 10:14 AM
IF you have your own children what activities did you do whilst Mrs O was doing your pre-reg?

If I get my visit before Sept il have all 3 at home, 20 months, 6yrs and 13yrs, any ideas?

Thanks x

hummingbird2014
15-07-2014, 10:37 AM
I'm planning my other half to sort my daughter out 18months x

littlepumpkins
15-07-2014, 10:46 AM
My hubby works shifts so he maybe at work or in bed.

I'm thinking of making a rainbow cake with them so she can see my understanding of the 7 areas of learning in one activity :) x

hummingbird2014
15-07-2014, 11:18 AM
My understanding of the pre-reg visit is sit down an talk to you Hun don't think it would be possible to do a cake and that tbh. Best reading some of the posts on here about what others have don. My other half works shifts as well I'm gonna try and get it around the right time.

littlepumpkins
15-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Oh ok thanks Hun.

I may see if hubby can get that day off (whenever that maybe) so I can concentrate :) x

hummingbird2014
15-07-2014, 11:28 AM
That was my thought when I read what others have put. I think I would be a good idea at the 6months grading inspection because I believe they are looking at your interaction with the children then rather than checking your polices RAs etc..... Xx

littlepumpkins
15-07-2014, 12:02 PM
I shall be shipping the kids off with hubby then that day :)

Then celebration shopping afterwards sounds good whilst I have a child free day ;) x

Dragonfly
15-07-2014, 12:12 PM
I don't know about the answer to the question as its been a long time since i registered, but I like the idea of a rainbow cake.

Charmaine86
15-07-2014, 12:39 PM
I did planting seeds with the kids and a kid led activity which was the kids playing in the sand pit we pretend to be at the beach.

moggy
15-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Pre-reg is nothing to do with watching you with children, and inspectors are never interested in your own children anyway.
Best try to get yourself some quiet time just you and inspector- you need to be able to concentrate and get through a lot of questions and discussion without any distractions.

When you have your first graded inspection, around 6mths after registration, that is the time to be getting the activities out- but again, it is only the mindees who inspector looks at, not your own children.

littlepumpkins
15-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Pre-reg is nothing to do with watching you with children, and inspectors are never interested in your own children anyway. Best try to get yourself some quiet time just you and inspector- you need to be able to concentrate and get through a lot of questions and discussion without any distractions. When you have your first graded inspection, around 6mths after registration, that is the time to be getting the activities out- but again, it is only the mindees who inspector looks at, not your own children.

Thank you Hun :) x