PDA

View Full Version : Photos of mindees family

biscuits
13-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Hi Ladies,
I've just started childminding and was hoping you could help me (I couldn't think what section to put this in so if it's in the wrong section and you know of a more relevant section please let me know). I have a little boy who is 15months. I have had him for a little while. I asked his parents if I could have a few photos of them and his sister as I thought it would be nice as his speech is coming along and we could look at them and talk and practise mummy, daddy etc. Is there anything else I could do with them, I seem to remember people asking for new mindees to bring photos of their family, I'm sure it wouldn't be to stick on the wall but can't see much point in just putting them in a folder. Any ideas as to what I could do with them now I have them - my mind has drawn a blank. I have photos of mum, dad and sister.

Thanks in advance. :)
x

Vikki5531
13-07-2014, 08:04 PM
Hi, I'm also just starting out and I've hopefully got a 9 month old baby boy starting soon.

I was going to ask Mum for family photos and put them into a soft fabric photo album to look through with the baby :) x

hummingbird2014
13-07-2014, 08:26 PM
I pre reg an I was thinking at having a tree printed on an A4 paper and ask the family for passport photo size and sick them on there x

biscuits
13-07-2014, 08:30 PM
thanks ladies, nice ideas. I might try finding a nice tree I can print out and stick them on. my mind just went blank.
x

Tulip
13-07-2014, 08:56 PM
I've just got a little photo album for each child which i leave out along with books for them to access anytime they like.
I also put pictures/photo's of their favourite things ie a cat x

bunyip
14-07-2014, 09:38 AM
I have a 'talking photo album' (a TTS product IIRC.) You can slip pictures into the clear plastic sleeves, up to A4 size, then there are push-buttons associated with each sleeve which play back a recorded message. The messages can be re-recorded over and again, up to about 10 seconds each. So you could have the voices of the familiy members to accompany each photo. I've used it successfully to help with settling new children, and it would also be handy if I had a family for whom English is not the first language. :thumbsup:

Vikki5531
14-07-2014, 10:03 AM
I have a 'talking photo album' (a TTS product IIRC.) You can slip pictures into the clear plastic sleeves, up to A4 size, then there are push-buttons associated with each sleeve which play back a recorded message. The messages can be re-recorded over and again, up to about 10 seconds each. So you could have the voices of the familiy members to accompany each photo. I've used it successfully to help with settling new children, and it would also be handy if I had a family for whom English is not the first language. :thumbsup:

I like this idea, I might steal it! Thanks for sharing :)

gwm
14-07-2014, 01:22 PM
I have always asked the children to bring a selection of photographs of the people they are close to (Mum, dad, siblings, grandparents, the cat, the chickens.....anything that is important to them). I put them in individually named little albums and leave them on the book shelf for easy access. We add to them....and the children can add to them too.... as long as the children are here until they start school. They love taking them down and talking about the photographs and comparing albums. They take them home when they leave. At my last inspection I received very positive comments from inspector about this.

biscuits
14-07-2014, 09:07 PM
I have always asked the children to bring a selection of photographs of the people they are close to (Mum, dad, siblings, grandparents, the cat, the chickens.....anything that is important to them). I put them in individually named little albums and leave them on the book shelf for easy access. We add to them....and the children can add to them too.... as long as the children are here until they start school. They love taking them down and talking about the photographs and comparing albums. They take them home when they leave. At my last inspection I received very positive comments from inspector about this.

That's lovely, thank you! :)