PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED pre-reg visit

hummingbird2014
11-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Hi all
just a quick question for those who has recently had a pre-reg visit. How long for applying for a visit to Mrs O being on your door step? I am aiming for sept to be up and hopefully running. But been told this could be very optermisic?
TIA xxxx

jane74
11-07-2014, 11:59 AM
It took 5 weeks for me and then 2 weeks for certificate to come through. So 7 weeks in total before I could start.

hummingbird2014
11-07-2014, 12:07 PM
And did they let you know of a date when you booked it? or was it a letter in the post saying oh by the way we are coming...... 2 days time?

Vikki5531
11-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Hi all just a quick question for those who has recently had a pre-reg visit. How long for applying for a visit to Mrs O being on your door step? I am aiming for sept to be up and hopefully running. But been told this could be very optermisic? TIA xxxx

Hi,

From submitting my application beginning of April, they finally came out last week (so it took roughly 12 weeks). Every time I chased for an update, they kept saying they were waiting for my Social Services checks from my Local Authority.

I got my call from Ofsted on the 20th June to book my pre-reg visit for the 1st July. I'm now just waiting for my certificate to arrive xx

littlepumpkins
12-07-2014, 05:36 AM
Hi all just a quick question for those who has recently had a pre-reg visit. How long for applying for a visit to Mrs O being on your door step? I am aiming for sept to be up and hopefully running. But been told this could be very optermisic? TIA xxxx

Have you applied? I'm hoping my DBS will arrive today then I can send my application off today, also hoping for a sept start. I spoke to my EY advisor at LA yesterday and she said they should come out within 4wks, used to be 12 wks but that's when they did the CRB checks but also depends of personal circumstances and how busy they are in this area.

Let's hope we are ready for Sept, keep me posted xx

FloraDora
12-07-2014, 05:38 AM
Last November: it took 3 weeks ( I have had several crb's in past and was a public servant so checks were easy to do on me)from when the doctor sent in my medical form ( which he had had for 2 weeks!) - 10 days for a certificate.

hummingbird2014
12-07-2014, 01:39 PM
No not applied sending my medical in mon. My DBS when checked is being printed but other half still needs aim more checks to be done also need to do some changes to my home x