PDA

View Full Version : What to eat after tummy bug

Tealady
11-07-2014, 11:28 AM
I am recovering from a tummy bug. Feel much better today apart from zero appetite.

I've managed two bits of toast and a couple of biscuits but can't face anything else. My blood sugar feels like it's through the floor, I'm shaky, irritable and fumbling with things.

I clearly need something to eat to get my blood sugars up and stabilised but what would be best?

amirose
11-07-2014, 11:44 AM
I always eat ice pops, keeps your fluids up and the sugar does me the world of good! I'm 7 months pregnant and they have been a life saver for me! Xx

QualityCare
11-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Let some lemonade go flat and drink that (leave it in a glass or add a bit of sugar and it will go flat), that will bring your blood sugar up then gradually build up your appetite with bland food rice chicken etc.

Koala
11-07-2014, 12:19 PM
I like to indulge in ready salted crisps and flat coke cola to try and get back on keel after the heeby jeebies. :thumbsup:

hectors house
11-07-2014, 12:22 PM
mashed banana with a little sugar - great for getting the potassium back in your body and a little sugar for energy, ready salted crisps or ritz biscuits for getting the salt back into your body - it's the lack of minerals in your joints that make them ache so much when you have been so poorly. Drink plenty and hope you feel better soon - don't go out in the sun too much over the weekend as you are already probably dehydrated.

clareelizabeth1
11-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Chicken noodle soup is the only thing I will eat when ill it's awesome.

funemnx
11-07-2014, 03:07 PM
The doc always said the BRAT diet after a tummy bug - bananas rice apples toast (dry) and flat non-diet coke to drink....:thumbsup:

Kiddleywinks
11-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Flat lemonade and arrowroot biscuits was the cure in my childhood

Still use today

Dragonfly
11-07-2014, 06:59 PM
I remember the arrowroot biscuits :laughing: always had them for upset tummy.

hectors house
11-07-2014, 07:31 PM
I always find dry toast is so hard to swallow when dehydrated, that's why I prefer the ritz biscuits.

MessybutHappy
11-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Fresh white bread and golden syrup is my cure all, along with ginger nut biscuits, and mini cheddars, and I know I'm in the mend when I've managed that first cup of tea!!

loocyloo
11-07-2014, 09:02 PM
The doc always said the BRAT diet after a tummy bug - bananas rice apples toast (dry) and flat non-diet coke to drink....:thumbsup:

That's what I use ... grated apple is easier to digest.

I also second the flat 'full fat' Coke :-)