PDA

View Full Version : BOOKS!

lor
07-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Hi there,
am after some advice on books - what non fiction books would you recommend for young children aged 2-4
also dose anyone have any books on abuse not that I have any concerns about the children in my care its just that I've been browsing on amazon and wondered if I should get one?

Thanks in advance xx

loocyloo
07-07-2014, 08:42 PM
I have non-fiction picture books with a few words about the farm/wild animals/insects/vehicles/seasons/countries - all sorts of things really!

I also have some simple word/picture books in other languages. some have the English word as well, and some just the foreign language.

go to the library and borrow a few and see what you like. I buy most of mine in the library book sales! ( worryingly the librarian knows what I like, and when she is sorting out old books for sale, she keeps a pile back for me to have first dibs on! :D )

FloraDora
07-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Usborne and DK - have great ones....I resource as I go along for my focus themes and build up my library that way. So When I was focussing on space in skywatch week - I looked for the best toddler books on space rather than buy a set covering all sorts. I look on amazon and waterstones for ideas, then look on the book people, or book depository and compare prices.
Sometimes though the book people have a great offer on sets which are worth adding to my library. Currently they have a good offer on Tony Mitton's terrific, amazing vehicles collection 10 books with Cd for £9.99 .