lor
03-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Hi there,
does anyone use this app?
Is it simple to set up and use?

Thanks in advance xx

*daisychain*
03-07-2014, 06:59 PM
I use it and love it . Very easy to use :-)

loocyloo
03-07-2014, 07:42 PM
I use it too!

very easy. I have it on my phone and my tablet. ( I am sure that if I paid the subscription rather than the free app I could link the two! )

it has made keeping my LJ very quick. every week or when I have reached 5 observations ( the most you can have on the free app ) I print off the obs and then delete them. I then put them in the LJs. :)

*daisychain*
04-07-2014, 12:44 PM
I bought it , I can now send the observations to the parents by email , I have it on my phone and iPad , it's saved me so much time and looks professional in the learning journeys. Well worth the money , if I remember correctly it was about £27 ?

loocyloo
04-07-2014, 01:31 PM
I bought it , I can now send the observations to the parents by email , I have it on my phone and iPad , it's saved me so much time and looks professional in the learning journeys. Well worth the money , if I remember correctly it was about £27 ?

I thought it was worth the money ... It's just getting myself organised and doing it!

hectors house
04-07-2014, 09:28 PM
I have a subscription to Tapestry - cost about £36 as my local authority are members of Early years forum - have only been using it 2 months but although it's not saving as much time as I hoped, I will soon get back my £36 in not having to print Learning Journals - plus the parents are loving having much larger photos and even video clips. I can download the journals to pdf and save to CD or memory stick when child leaves. Parents are leaving replies, adding their own observations and I have given the Nurseries that children also attend a log-in and I can see when they have viewed the journals, they have started adding observations too.

loocyloo
05-07-2014, 07:49 AM
I have a subscription to Tapestry - cost about £36 as my local authority are members of Early years forum - have only been using it 2 months but although it's not saving as much time as I hoped, I will soon get back my £36 in not having to print Learning Journals - plus the parents are loving having much larger photos and even video clips. I can download the journals to pdf and save to CD or memory stick when child leaves. Parents are leaving replies, adding their own observations and I have given the Nurseries that children also attend a log-in and I can see when they have viewed the journals, they have started adding observations too.

That's brilliant. I know our local school is considering an online tool and if they do... I may use the same one.

Rubybubbles
05-07-2014, 08:08 AM
I use tapestry and have done for over a year I love it!

I find it has really helped with time i pop the observation on your phone and save for later. Every Friday I link and add any extra notes then save (then it notifies parents) you can see they have viewed and any comments they make

There is a really helpful next step plans based on what EYO the child has already met and tips of what to make observations to make base on gaps

I still do a long monthly observation on paper as a focused individual

All my planning I still hand right, but the guides from tapestry really help

Haha I'm happy can you tell! Gone are days I me writing, finding the photo, cutting, sticking linking ...

Rubybubbles
05-07-2014, 08:09 AM
And the PDF files were brilliant to send to parents recently as they finished looked very clear and easy to read for them.

hectors house
05-07-2014, 09:27 AM
And the PDF files were brilliant to send to parents recently as they finished looked very clear and easy to read for them.

I just printed off a Summative Assessments and gave it to the parents to give to reception teachers while at settling in sessions, teachers very impressed - going to try to get school e-mail addresses for the teachers to give them temporary log-ins to view the journals, as one child comes across either very shy or not engaging - but hoping that if the teacher can see the videos she will see a completely different child.

hectors house
05-07-2014, 09:29 AM
That's brilliant. I know our local school is considering an online tool and if they do... I may use the same one.

10 out of 22 members of our Independent Childminding network are now using Tapestry and currently 4 Nurseries in our town - I have run the First schools that my leavers will be attending in September but they aren't using Tapestry or any other on-line journals yet.