PDA

View Full Version : It wasn't altzheimers it was a brain tumour :(

VeggieSausage
03-07-2014, 08:27 AM
Some of you may remember I posted a little while back that my stepfather was possibly developing altzheimers - well he collapsed on saturday and it turns out he has a brain tumour......not sure what the outcome is going to be but tomorrow all the consultants will meet at Kings to discuss his case and decide on what is to do be done if anything.....he is confused, scared, forgetful and rambling, my mum is in bits and we are all worried sick......everyone keep everything crossed for some positive news tomorrow x

shortstuff
03-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Oh my x I will keep everything crossed for a positive outcome for you all x

Please know we are here for you x

Kiddleywinks
03-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Oh my days! So sorry to hear this, and will keep everything crossed for a positive consultation tomorrow :group hug:

ziggy
03-07-2014, 08:34 AM
big hugs xxx

Mouse
03-07-2014, 08:40 AM
Sending lots of love to you all xx

:group hug:

mama2three
03-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers x

smurfette
03-07-2014, 08:46 AM
Oh Hun so so sorry to hear that .. Hugs and positive vibes coming your way! Xx

caz3007
03-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Big hugs to you all xxx

loocyloo
03-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Thinking of you all. Xxx

hsav
03-07-2014, 09:38 AM
thinking of you x

Koala
03-07-2014, 09:41 AM
I have been thinking of how you have been and how things have been developing, I don't know what to say - what a shocker!!

Take care.

Maza
03-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Big hugs to you and your family. xxx

hectors house
03-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Some of you may remember I posted a little while back that my stepfather was possibly developing altzheimers - well he collapsed on saturday and it turns out he has a brain tumour......not sure what the outcome is going to be but tomorrow all the consultants will meet at Kings to discuss his case and decide on what is to do be done if anything.....he is confused, scared, forgetful and rambling, my mum is in bits and we are all worried sick......everyone keep everything crossed for some positive news tomorrow x

Why didn't they do scans before makes me so cross that someone has to collapse before they investigate properly - hope they can operate or do something to make your poor step father feel happy and well. :thumbsup:

Goatgirl
03-07-2014, 11:10 AM
So sorry to hear this news, it must be so scary for everyone.

Hoping that it is something which can be sorted and your step dad recovers fully :group hug:

Chatterbox Childcare
03-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Sending hugs. Hope everyone is feeling better once the consultation is done.

If the tumour can be removed this must be a better scenario to the alternative of Alzeheimers (not that any surgery is preferred)

VeggieSausage
03-07-2014, 11:14 AM
thanks everyone, yes doctor was barking up the wrong tree but had booked a brain scan but it was not until the end of July - as though the situation wasn't urgent. I went over to see them both last friday and came away very worried, I was going to insist I took them to A&E the next day but of course before I did that he collapsed and had a seizure......he is only just 70 and my mum is 66 and they were the fittest pensioners you could have met so that is counting in my favour but the hospital are only just realising that he was not some confused, doddery old person prior to this but a very fit, active and switched on man who was still ski-ing all winter and using computers etc and that his behaviour is a result of the brain tumour......although he is in our local hospital Kings in London are in full charge of his care which we are pleased about and as luck would have it one of the families I mind for the dad is a consultant at Kings - not in neurology but in dementia care so he is going to look in on him and ensure he has everything he needs etc when he is transferred.....also one of my families brought me a box of chocs this morning and a lovely card - made me cry much to the embarrassment of the dad dropping off.....people are so nice x

silvermist
03-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Oh my goodness what a worry. Sending hugs and prayers xxx

funemnx
03-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Sending best wishes and thoughts to you all xx

Kirstylob
03-07-2014, 12:02 PM
So sorry to hear about your Step dad. Thinking about you and hoping for positive news. X

shortstuff
03-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Sounds like he is going to receive the best care.

Its so lovely when parents are so supportive. Will be thinking of you x

tonib
03-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Oh bless you all!! Our family went through something similar 6 years ago. Mum was acting strange, dressing in things that didn't match and slurring when she spoke. As she used to like her wine we thought she was an alcoholic! Went to GPs several times. In desperation we called nhs direct and the dr told us she most probably had a brain tumour. She went in for surgery where a huge lemon sized tumour was removed. She made a full recovery. Horrendous time so my thoughts are with you. Huge hugs xx