PDA

View Full Version : Registration

gemma659353
03-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Hi

I'm in the process of registering as a childminder, I have completed the safeguarding training, CYPOP and first aid course. I am currently in the process of completing some other childcare courses.

Is there anything else I need to do before registering with Ofsted and completing DBS?

Thanks in advance

appletart88
03-07-2014, 08:03 AM
I'm just awaiting my pre reg visit, I would apply for your DBS (any anyone else over 16 in your household) asap as it can take a while, also you'll need to complete a medical form and give it to your doctor then you can apply. Good luck

gemma659353
03-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Where do I apply for DBS? I thought it was done through the Ofsted application?

Also is there a specific medical form we have to use?

appletart88
03-07-2014, 01:00 PM
The DBS has to be complete before you apply to Ofsted now, it can be found here- http://ofsteddbsapplication.co.uk/Step-One.aspx (not sure if that'll work but you can copy and paste it)
The medical form can also be found on Ofsted's website, there's lots of information if you search registering as a childminder.

moggy
03-07-2014, 01:09 PM
This is the process including links to forms:

Ofsted | Register as a childminder (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/early-years-and-childcare/become-childcare-provider-or-childminder/register-childminder)

gemma659353
03-07-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm confused!!

On the website for DBS it says you should have received correspondence from Ofsted asking you to proceed with your DBS. If you have not received this do not proceed........

Should I just go ahead and do it??

moggy
03-07-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm confused!!

On the website for DBS it says you should have received correspondence from Ofsted asking you to proceed with your DBS. If you have not received this do not proceed........

Should I just go ahead and do it??

Yes, it says elsewhere in that Capita/DBS website Ofsted link you to, that they are 'updating the website' to make it clearer ('We are currently working to update this wording to better reflect Ofsted's role as a regulator' in relation to the employer text, so I would guess it is generally not quite up-to-date!). Ofsted clearly say DBS must be done first and they link you to the Capita application page.

gemma659353
04-07-2014, 06:57 AM
Ok thanks. Did you get PLI before or after applying to Ofsted?

Vikki5531
04-07-2014, 07:56 AM
Ok thanks. Did you get PLI before or after applying to Ofsted?

I've just had my pre-reg inspection this week and didn't have PLI.

The Ofsted lady advised that they used to expect you to have it, but it's not fair if they then turn you down for registration. So she advised me at the end of my visit to now go and get my PLI insurance and register with the ICO xx

hummingbird2014
11-07-2014, 05:42 PM
My cm co ordinate says u need absolutely everything paediatric first aid cert doctor check la cert ico membership and insurance cert xxx

moggy
11-07-2014, 07:01 PM
My cm co ordinate says u need absolutely everything paediatric first aid cert doctor check la cert ico membership and insurance cert xxx

I think the DO was getting a bit carried away with that list!

You do not need insurance until you start working. The Registration visit is to see if you are going to be recommended for Registration. There is a chance you are not, so you do not pay out for insurance until you get your certificate.

Same with ICO- it is for data protection but until you are working you have no data to protect, again an expense you do not want to make until you have that certificate so you know you are going to be working.

You can tell Inspector that you have both ready to action, as soon as you have your Registration certificate.

gemma659353
28-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know the address where the health declaration needs to be sent?

Vikki5531
28-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know the address where the health declaration needs to be sent?

Ofsted send you out a pre-paid envelope to return the Health Declaration booklet in. However, I sent it to the Manchester address (it's in small print and I think it's right at the bottom of Page 2). X