PDA

View Full Version : Hubby Assaulted on School Run

Tealady
02-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Hubby was picking DD up from Judo. Wednesday is really busy with after school clubs.

He parked up but unfortunately a car was tail gating him which meant there was little room for the car coming towards him. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place as whatever he did would have caused problems.

One car passed and swore at him. He got out his car just as the other car passed. That driver started mouthing off. So as Hubby got out of the car he shouted back that the abuse was unncalled for. The driver stopped his car, got out and shoved hubby to the ground. Apparently Hubby was left lying spread eagled in the middle of the road then drove off with his wife screaming at him.

He got the blokes reg number. Then the car reversed back up the road towards him. The chap got out the car apologised and they shook hands.

I am fuming and feel he should report it but hubby is of the opinion that the chap apologised so it's done and over.

No point to this post apart from me getting it off my chest as the whole thing feels so bizzare.

shortstuff
02-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Omg hope hes ok x

Koala
02-07-2014, 05:15 PM
Oh what a nightmare.

I am probably in agreeance with your oh if that is what he wants. I would probably just tone your feelings down because he is probably feeling a bit shook up.

If you reported it - what do you think the police would do (I suppose that is what you mean by reporting it) - as the chap apologised and they shook hands, the police would probably not give it a second thought and yes I would be furious like you and yes I believe the aggressor is a pig and should be kicked in the goolies but I am not king of the world YET! but when I am the world will be a better place.

I hope the ordeal doesn't have too much of an effect on your oh. :thumbsup:

It is bizzarre though, what a wacko to do that, they must have sh** lives.

Maza
02-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Oh how horrible. I'm really sorry, for both you and other half. Hope your other half is okay. x

Tealady
02-07-2014, 10:10 PM
DH is fine, Thank-you. Not shaken at all, more gobsmacked really.

Koala - I did tone down my feelings after the initial discussion where he told me and I got irrate. I could see he was quite chilled about it and as he's a grown man it's up to him. :-)

I tend to catastrophise about things so had also had loads of "what ifs" going through my head.

We've talked again and the whole thing just seems surreal. We were both in agreement that you never know what is going on in an other person's life. Maybe he was having to deal with some other stuff that had him in a bad place, especially as he came back, admitted he was wrong and apologised to DH.

DH did admit to actually walking over to the car with the thug inside to tell him to stop calling him a rude name so the bloke may have assummed he was going to pick a fight.

Looks like I'll be picking up from Judo in future ;-)

Chatterbox Childcare
03-07-2014, 10:52 AM
I would leave it as there was an apology. Horrible people don't normally do this and I expect he was having a bad day.

Glad the other person had a strong wife behind him making him to the right thing.