PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Registration

mummymckell
01-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Hi,

I have submitted my online registration and had an e-mail to day it is with ofsted. How often should this status be updated? how long will it take before someone makes contact? how long before i can get registered?

Lots of questions. Getting frustrated with how long everything is taking and that there is never a real person to talk to about anything.

Help put my mind at rest
Thanks
Chloe

Vikki5531
01-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Hi Chloe,

I submitted my online Ofsted application beginning of April. Within the first week, both my Referees received their questionnaires and the 2nd week I was sent my Health Declaration booklet with the pre-paid envelope and also the invoice to pay the Ofsted registration fee.

After this, I heard nothing and kept chasing Ofsted for an update, and was continually being told they were waiting for my Social Services checks from my Local Authority.

Anyhow I was contacted by Ofsted 11 days ago to arrange my pre-reg visit and it was today :)

They say it takes around 12 weeks, which is how long my roughly took.

Good luck with your application xx

tonib
02-07-2014, 04:39 AM
Hi Chloe! My wait time has been very similar to Vikkis. I submitted my paperwork on march 19th. Refs, health declaration, DBSs, money paid quickly but social services took 49 days with my Dh's check 40 days longer than mine! Thought they'd lost the b****y thing!! I kept calling Ofsted every week then twice a week for an update. My pre reg visit is this Friday. Sooo frustrating!!!

Fingers crossed it won't be much longer xx

NinkyNonk
02-07-2014, 08:16 AM
I'm in the same situation with the social services check....nightmare! I've often thought it must be lost!

I submitted my online application 6th March at which point DBS and medical all done....had a letter confirming receipt on 13th March (online status didn't change by the way) and that's it. Here I am still waiting for the visit - so it's taken a little longer than the 9 weeks they stated in their letter.

Good luck - hope yours gets through quicker. :-)

angeldelight
02-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Hope things get moving for you all soon

Good luck keep us posted

Angel xx