PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg questions

Lorraine Owen
30-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Hi, I've just started my pre reg book and I'm already stuck on first brimming question!!!
For each of gone 7 areas of learning and development, give an example of a play activity for a very young child and a four year old that would suit their learning snd development - can anyone help me out with examples so I've git a starting point as I'm clueless thanks x

moggy
30-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Hi, I've just started my pre reg book and I'm already stuck on first brimming question!!!
For each of gone 7 areas of learning and development, give an example of a play activity for a very young child and a four year old that would suit their learning snd development - can anyone help me out with examples so I've git a starting point as I'm clueless thanks x

Refer to the Development Matters book- have you got that?
Look at each Area of Learning.

Then think of something for each- so Physical Development for a 4 year old- what would you do? Kicking a football? etc, What would you do with a young child (toddler/baby?)- maybe posting shapes in a shape sorter? Push-along trolley? etc

Then do that for each Area (Communication and Language, PSED, UW, etc)

Make sure you really think through what and why as the inspector might want you to talk around the subject. It is all in Development Matters.

FloraDora
30-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Don't panic, Look through the development matters booklet to get an idea of the expected outcomes for the two age ranges as your starting point. If you are going to care for under 5's it might be worth signing up for some professional development, this site offers some.....it is expected now that you know about how children develop and appropriate activities, which is why they expect you to show you can plan for the age ranges you might possibly be looking after at the registration visit.
Is there any way you can delay the visit until you can become more knowledgable?