PDA

View Full Version : DBS has been 6wks now :(

littlepumpkins
29-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Its official my DBS has taken 6wks now and still on stage 4, I could actually cry. It is really annoying me now but there is nothing I can do.
I've families waiting for a September start and I'm starting to think I may have to start breaking the bad news that I will not be ready till Jan :(

Vikki5531
29-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Its official my DBS has taken 6wks now and still on stage 4, I could actually cry. It is really annoying me now but there is nothing I can do. I've families waiting for a September start and I'm starting to think I may have to start breaking the bad news that I will not be ready till Jan :(

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that :( I was the same when Ofsted kept saying they were waiting for my Social Services checks.

I read on here that someone else's DBS checks took a while and they got on to their Councillor about it. I then decided to do the same (luckily my Partner knows our local Councillor) and she was really helpful and got in touch with Social Services. A week later Ofsted called to arrange my visit :)

I hope you get your DBS certificate soon, I know how frustrating and long winded the process is xx

sarah707
29-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Keep chasing! Fingers crossed it won't be long now x

littlepumpkins
30-06-2014, 05:55 AM
I hope so too, really hope it comes this week so I can sent my application to Ofsted off. Will they process my application without my husbands DBS or do I need to have them both back to get a step further? X

Vikki5531
30-06-2014, 06:02 AM
I hope so too, really hope it comes this week so I can sent my application to Ofsted off. Will they process my application without my husbands DBS or do I need to have them both back to get a step further? X

I waited for my Partners to come back before I submitted mine, because he had to complete the EY2 form.

I don't see any reason why you can't submit yours first though whilst you are waiting, it just might not get processed until they have received the EY2 form as-well.

Maybe drop Ofsted an email or call them to check xx

littlepumpkins
02-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Do I contact the DBS or Capita to chase my DBS? X

Vikki5531
02-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Do I contact the DBS or Capita to chase my DBS? X

I think it was DBS that we contacted to chase them up. It's the contact number on the page that you log on to track it xx

littlepumpkins
02-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Thanks Hun, do you think they will do anything as it's been 6wks now xx

vjeffreys
02-07-2014, 11:30 AM
6 weeks seems an outrageous amount of time.
Mine was back in under 2 weeks which i thought was fat but i would have been climbing the walls at 6 weeks
Vicky

littlepumpkins
02-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Just rang the DBS and I can't do nothing but wait, I can call back in another 20 days to escalate it, but that's so long away. I'm thinking I need to face it I won't be registered by Sept and give up on my dream till next year :( x

Vikki5531
02-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Just rang the DBS and I can't do nothing but wait, I can call back in another 20 days to escalate it, but that's so long away. I'm thinking I need to face it I won't be registered by Sept and give up on my dream till next year :( x

Oh no :( I really hope it comes back soon and fingers crossed your Ofsted application gets processed quickly. Maybe you won't be registered by September, but I think it will still be this year xx

littlepumpkins
02-07-2014, 12:21 PM
6 weeks seems an outrageous amount of time. Mine was back in under 2 weeks which i thought was fat but i would have been climbing the walls at 6 weeks Vicky

Your so lucky Vicky. When I worked for the NHS mine was completed within 2wks so thought my DBS would be too so this wait is driving me insane x

littlepumpkins
02-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Oh no :( I really hope it comes back soon and fingers crossed your Ofsted application gets processed quickly. Maybe you won't be registered by September, but I think it will still be this year xx

I have a couple of great families waiting for September and don't want to lose them, so think il wait until my children break up from school and if I haven't had my DBS back I need to let them down but I'm going to offer to nanny one family until I'm registered and see if I can do it that way x

Kidston
02-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Im the same been 6 weeks. On the 19th july it will be 60years so I can start chasing it then.

littlepumpkins
03-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Im the same been 6 weeks. On the 19th july it will be 60years so I can start chasing it then.

Let me know how it goes chasing them and how quickly you get it Hun xx

SMW1
05-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Hi

I sent mine off on the 28th march and only got it back last week!!!! :mad::mad: even after they escalated it my local police did not respond in the 14 days. It was only when I called the police myself that it got completed and sent to me a couple of days later.

Good luck in waiting.

littlepumpkins
06-07-2014, 07:26 AM
Hi I sent mine off on the 28th march and only got it back last week!!!! :mad::mad: even after they escalated it my local police did not respond in the 14 days. It was only when I called the police myself that it got completed and sent to me a couple of days later. Good luck in waiting.

Oh no that's awful :(

Can I ask who you called at the police as I'm thinking of doing the same. Thanks x

SMW1
06-07-2014, 07:53 PM
I just called the local number and explained I was chasing my check and they put me through to the right person. It was a quick, simple phone call that took 10 min. Not like the 30 min it takes trying to get throughout to anyone else. Capita would only give me the police address and suggested I write a letter!!! I nearly fell off my chair laughing with hysteria.

Now just waiting for ofsted to arrange my pre- reg visit. Hoping it won't be to long, I need to be working for September!.

:laughing:

littlepumpkins
08-07-2014, 05:30 AM
My DBS was completed at stage 4 yesterday after speaking to my local MP. He chased both mine and my husbands for me, both were completed yesterday, how long do I wait till I receive the certificate? I may call DBS today and ask them to print them today if possible as I need to apply to Ofsted this week and then I may have some hope I will be registered by Sept :) x

Vikki5531
08-07-2014, 06:04 AM
My DBS was completed at stage 4 yesterday after speaking to my local MP. He chased both mine and my husbands for me, both were completed yesterday, how long do I wait till I receive the certificate? I may call DBS today and ask them to print them today if possible as I need to apply to Ofsted this week and then I may have some hope I will be registered by Sept :) x

That's excellent news! I received mine within a week of reaching stage 4 :)

I'm really pleased for you xx

littlepumpkins
08-07-2014, 06:49 AM
That's excellent news! I received mine within a week of reaching stage 4 :) I'm really pleased for you xx

Thanks Vikki, let's hope mines here by the end of the week and I can get my Ofsted application sent off then the wait begins :) xx

littlepumpkins
09-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Both mine and hubby's were dispatched yesterday, hurry up postie. I maybe stalking him till it arrives lol x