PDA

View Full Version : Speech document... What is it called?

LittleRabbits
25-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Hi guys, I work in a nursery and have used a document quite a bit to support children with speech delays but I do not know what the document is called. I used the same (or very similar sheet) in my previous nursery which makes me think it is from the council and I would like the document for my childminding. Any idea what it is called and where to officially get it from rather than type it up and be "stealing" from the nursery lol! It has the ages and stages then each heading 'attention & listening' 'understanding of language' 'speech sounds and talk' and 'social skills and use of language' then under each column we highlight what the child can do in each area to see what age/stage they are currently at...

:-) thanks for any help

loocyloo
25-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Which LA do you come under?
I have a similar one but covered in North Yorkshire logo. I'm on my phone so can't find my saved copy! It's called something like early language and communication and I had it when I was part of the pilot scheme for 2yr olds.
I only use it now if I have a concern over language devt.

LittleRabbits
25-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Yeah I will only use if have a concern with a childs speech and language (thats what my last nursery did) but the nursery im in now use the form for every child which I thort is a bit much really. Thank u, i'l try n find it. Iv got paper version here but I want the proper copy. Am under Telford & Wrekin council

LittleRabbits
25-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Found it :-) thank you for the name of document

Carol M
25-06-2014, 09:43 PM
ECAT - Every Child A Talker

LittleRabbits
25-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Tashaleee i tried to reply to u but ur box is full!

Hi there, go to

http://www.shropscommunityhealth.nhs.uk/rte.asp?id=10071

On right hand side there r two documents in patient info box. The preschool one is referral form for under 5s and has the sheet in there :-)

Hope that helps. It is shropshire so may not be correct area for you. Anything I can assist with, just ask :-)

Simona
26-06-2014, 06:29 AM
I am curious to know the name of the document...would you share?
CaroleM has mentioned ECAT...that is a national programme used by most LAs ...was the form from them or one devised by a specific LA?

Thanks for the information

LittleRabbits
06-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Click the link above :-)

tashaleee
07-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Tashaleee i tried to reply to u but ur box is full!

Hi there, go to

Speech & language therapy (http://www.shropscommunityhealth.nhs.uk/rte.asp?id=10071)

On right hand side there r two documents in patient info box. The preschool one is referral form for under 5s and has the sheet in there :-)

Hope that helps. It is shropshire so may not be correct area for you. Anything I can assist with, just ask :-)

Thank you :thumbsup:

Simona
08-07-2014, 06:17 AM
A thank you from me too...interesting and well done to that LA for a very comprehensive info package on speech!