PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Facebook page to advertise their business?

kmc13
21-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Hi,

As the title says, do you have a Facebook page to advertise your childminding business and if so do you get any enquiries from it?

Thanks!

shortstuff
21-06-2014, 05:20 PM
I do but it hasn't brought me any enquiries. My website has though :-)

littlebears1009
21-06-2014, 05:55 PM
I have one however I havent had businesd through it but know a few who have. I have it linked to my website too.

tess1981
21-06-2014, 06:01 PM
I have no business through it yet but a lot of people get to see it

alex__17
21-06-2014, 07:05 PM
I do and had 2 enquiries (friends of friends) through it.
Really should update it with photos etc more often!

chris goodyear
21-06-2014, 07:57 PM
I've had one since last October as everyone said it's a really good way to reach lots of people but as yet haven't had one enquiry from it. Tried various methods of advertising such as cards, ads in shop/play school windows, doctors, school, net mums, child care websites, but the best way I've found is word of mouth or the childcare.co.uk website, had loads from the last two.

kmc13
21-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Ok thanks everyone :)

Little Penny's
22-06-2014, 02:12 PM
I do and have had several enquiries through it but none of those have evolved into anything else. I'm still considering a free website.

I've shared it on local fb selling sites.

HTSMumma
22-06-2014, 05:20 PM
I do and have had a baby full timer through it and a 2yr old one day a week through it.
I created a Facebook ad too (got my 2yr through it). Got loads of likes and enquiries. The fees from the parents of the 2yr old more than paid for the as in their first month.
Highly recommend marketing through Facebook. Most, if not all companies realise the importance of Facebook for advertising their business.

bunyip
23-06-2014, 06:23 AM
I don't.

Never been a fan of FB. Moreover I wouldn't encourage its use. I'm sick of having to speak with clients about stupid things they've put on FB without thinking that either breach confidentiality and/or could damage my business. :angry:

tashaleee
23-06-2014, 11:25 AM
I have a business FB page and a website and have had enquiries through both.... my FB is open to all but has no face pics of the children :thumbsup:

HTSMumma
23-06-2014, 12:44 PM
I don't. Never been a fan of FB. Moreover I wouldn't encourage its use. I'm sick of having to speak with clients about stupid things they've put on FB without thinking that either breach confidentiality and/or could damage my business. :angry:

Facebook does require a certain element of common sense to use successfully. Some of the things I see posted by 'friends' on there is laughable! As a way of keeping in touch with far away friends and family, it's fantastic. My sister and I couldn't have coped without FB and Skype when she lived in Germany.
I also find it incredibly useful for my CM business. Again, a certain level of common sense is needed.

TabbyTuTu
19-09-2014, 10:37 AM
I plan on doing so, I am a member of a group on there with support for Island Mums. The amount of people asking for childminders on there is incredible and I always link up to fellow CM FB pages for them. I don't know if it is just the Island community but it definitely helps with business down here.

I think it is more useful to share pictures of them environment and maybe 'status' a few activities done in the week, although I've had to remind some other CMs about photo policies