PDA

View Full Version : Setting fees

singlewiththree
27-07-2008, 05:40 AM
After reading some of the posts from childminders about fees it has got me thinking. I had it in my head that I would set a certain fee for holidays/sickness etc and that would be it but it seems it may vary depending on the parent negotiating the contract and their circumstances. Are you planning on having concrete fees that you wont budge on or are you planning on tailor making the fee to the family?

crazybones
27-07-2008, 08:07 AM
I have an hourly rate (with a minimum of 3 hours per day). Unless its a term time only contract parents pay for their holidays/sickness etc and I dont charge for mine. That said I can be flexible in certain situations eg I have taken on a sibling for the holidays and have given a discount because I wanted to in order that she will hopefully use me again for the next hols because Nana usually has her but cant do both her and lo. I am hoping that she will love coming here and pester mum to come next hols.

Bushpig
27-07-2008, 10:45 AM
I have set fees and policies but am always negotiable... ie: with siblings/single parents.

wendywu
27-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I am set in stone with my fees for holidays and for sickness. How ever i do offer a discount and include food for families during school holidays, who then shift from 1 after school and 1 full time to 2 full time.:)

Pudding Girl
27-07-2008, 11:47 AM
TBH the only people I would change for are those that are paying it all themselves, ie a single parent wouldn't get any discount or leeway with me as they will get 80% paid for them anyway.

When my first set of mindees came I gave them a discount for the first month as a kind of juicy worm lol I printed it on my first lot of cards too in hopes of getting loads of calls.

singlewiththree
27-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks everyone.

As for the single parent thing, we still have to find the 20% and on minimum wage too. I get 5.52 per hour however in the holidays my childminder has all 3 of my children with no discount at 3.15 an hour. so basically my 5.52ph then has to pay £1.89 towards the cost of childcare per hour so I left with £3.63 per hour, which is why I am doing the childminding course. I get no sibling discount, no meal discount when my I take the food for my diary intolerant daughter and have to pay full for the holidays/sick days. It sound all good with tax credits but its hard work to juggle.