PDA

View Full Version : Motivation

Kidston
17-06-2014, 07:25 PM
I feel like ive lost all my passion and motivation lately, I find registration just so draining. I was fine while I was in the flow of doing my course and writing up policys and procedures but ive had a 4 week break from doing anything childminder related. In that time Ive starting to doubt if Im actually good enough to do this and i feel like no matter how much work i do i dont get any closer to registration. I think once I get back into the routine of doing policys and procedures again i'll feel better but im lacking in motivation to do it. It doesnt help that my local authorities never seem very positive, they put a very stern view over and make the job sound like a battle against ofsted.

Not really sure what they point to this post is and I really hope people dont see this post and think i shouldnt become a childminder but I just need to write down how Im feeling.

Vikki5531
17-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Hi Hun,

I have days like this too :(

I completed my course in February, but I feel like I'm starting to forget everything!

It's such a long process and there's some weeks where I loose my enthusiasm because I think it's never going to happen!

Just remain positive and try and remember why you decided this career path and I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end :)

Good luck with your application xx

Lal
17-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Hang on in there. I've felt like this during the process. I keep having to remind myself that I am doing it to maintain a level of flexibility fro my daughter. Other options are term time only nursery/ LSA/ TA jobs i.e. no time off for sports day etc, part-time all year round and needing to fight for holiday in school holiday times.

My course was a real struggle- it wasn't difficult in terms of content, it was the way the tasks were written. I've not really had any support from the LA. I'm now re-writting all my policies and starting to sort the house out (a monumental task ) and really think about the resources I will have. I also need to re-train the husband in to not leaving power tools, permanent markers and random bits of boat all over the place!!!

Hope it helps to know you are not the only one who loses enthusiasm sometimes- :)

loocyloo
17-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Hang on in there. I've felt like this during the process. I keep having to remind myself that I am doing it to maintain a level of flexibility fro my daughter. Other options are term time only nursery/ LSA/ TA jobs i.e. no time off for sports day etc, part-time all year round and needing to fight for holiday in school holiday times.

My course was a real struggle- it wasn't difficult in terms of content, it was the way the tasks were written. I've not really had any support from the LA. I'm now re-writting all my policies and starting to sort the house out (a monumental task ) and really think about the resources I will have. I also need to re-train the husband in to not leaving power tools, permanent markers and random bits of boat all over the place!!!

Hope it helps to know you are not the only one who loses enthusiasm sometimes- :)

:-) you will get there!
I've been childminding for over 10 years and some days I lose motivation too.

And good luck training your husband ... mine still leaves power tools, bits of car and random stuff lying around!

tonib
18-06-2014, 04:08 AM
Like others have said hang in there, remember why you're doing this for it's not easy so much waiting. I've waited months and keep doubting my decision too. My gs got a cut up grape stuck last week and after I'd given him a couple of slaps on the back etc and it finally moved I had sooo many doubts about why am I doing this for. He recovered way before I did lol!!
Big hugs x

tonib
18-06-2014, 04:09 AM
Good luck 'training' the hubby!!
X

Kidston
02-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Thank you for all your comments. Ive taken a step back from it all and taken some time to think but ive kept coming back to this thread and its really helped remind me how much i wanted this to start with and why i want it.

Im breaking myself back in slowly tonight with doing research then from tomorrow im going to crack on with writing policys and start getting the house ready again.