PDA

View Full Version : Feeling cross and deflated

cookiesncream
17-06-2014, 05:55 PM
I am due a visit from my assessor tomorrow who wanted to observe me with more than one child. I have planned an activity and got all organised. Today one of the parents texted to say that child R wasn't coming tomorrow because they are on holiday. They must've know that for weeks, why didn't they say anything before. I don't know if it's worth cancelling the assessor visit as she has taken a day off from her "day job" to come and will be travelling 60 miles to get here. There is other stuff we can cover on the visit but I feel so down about it and she will have to come again another time. I don't like to inconvenience people but apparently not everyone feels like that.

watford wizz
17-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Could you not borrow another child for part of the day?

cookiesncream
17-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Thanks, I had thought of that but they are the only 2 Early years children I have at the moment, the rest are schoolies. When I started the course I had 2 more but the have left recently (siblings) as Mum has a new job and no longer needs childcare. With a bit more notice I could have "borrowed" my friends daughter for the morning, but too late now.