PDA

View Full Version : will that phone ever ring

Ebs71
26-07-2008, 09:46 PM
:( Im beginning to think there must be something wrong me, the phone never rings with enquiries (and those that have rang have cancelled)

Sorry for moaning....... i had to get it off my chest :(

Pudding Girl
26-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Are you still in Pre reg as your profile says?

My phone never rang for first 3 months which was ok, was too busy having cancer treatment anyway! Now it goes in phases, I'll have nothing for a few months, then an enq a day for two weeks, then nothing again - I am in a nothing stage again!!

Bushpig
26-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Does your local CIS office have your updated vacancies? Phone them every 2 weeks with your vacancies, whether they change or not. Advertise on netmums too. I hope you get *that phonecall* soon x

murphy61
27-07-2008, 07:14 AM
i know how you feel im still waiting for my first enquiry.

samgeordie
27-07-2008, 08:40 AM
sorry to hear that Im just starting too and have been told it can be a bit quiet to start with. Im on CIS and updated my infor the other day so went to the top of the list;) . Im also in contact with other childminders in my area and got my 1st mindee referral through another childminder - can you see if there are any network groups you can join?

I also had someone round yesterday who had seen my ad on netmums (keeping fingers crossed they want to use me).

I had 4 enquiries when i was on hol, although 3 of them i couldn't do due to different school drop offs and starting dates.

Fingers crossed the phone will ring soon for you

Annie_T
27-07-2008, 10:15 AM
oh im sure it will hun

just give it time x

Ebs71
27-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Hi, thanks for your replies. Im still pre-reg.......crb at stage 4 for 6weeks now :mad: I have adverts in local shops, netmums, mumsnet and yellow pages on-line.

Im desperate to start working..... so frustrating :(

Pudding Girl
27-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Most calls will come through CIS tbh which you can't be on till regged anyway. I wouldn't be too downhearted, people might not be comfy contacting someone who isn't Registered yet

butterfly
27-07-2008, 08:52 PM
try not to worry - i'm in the same boat and am constantly checking my emails and phone for messages! hopefully it will ring for both of us soon!

Bushpig
27-07-2008, 10:46 PM
I am sure the calls will come.. :)

Why not get a brillbag too.... walking advert? Pop a sign in your car window? New childminder in town with vacancies and a big tel. no.?

Ebs71
28-07-2008, 09:49 PM
I am sure the calls will come.. :)

Why not get a brillbag too.... walking advert? Pop a sign in your car window? New childminder in town with vacancies and a big tel. no.?

Hi, ive already got two brillbags with my details on, one for me and one for the mother in law. Im going to put a sign in the car window and see how that goes (fingers crossed):thank you:

Thankyou all for for suggestions and advice :)

Jules27
29-07-2008, 06:30 PM
KNow how you feel hun! I have my 1st perspective parent and mindee coming round onn thurs. saw my details on CIS website. have had one other phone call which I couldn't do as was different school to my son (typical!) I have ads everywhere!! Hubby has done a mass of leaflets for me so am going to start putting them through doors tomorrow!!!:laughing: