PDA

View Full Version : CMs: opposition to agencies persists (NWorld)

Simona
16-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Childminders - Opposition to agencies persists | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1144855/childminders-opposition-agencies-persists?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

sarah707
16-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Oh good they are still listening to us! :clapping:

Mouse
16-06-2014, 07:25 PM
I particularly like this bit:

"When the refusal to engage in conversation with the sector or pay any attention to research and advice can lead Dr Lloyd to speculate that 'the whole agency issue may well just go away because there's no evidence-based argument for the agencies', it can be no surprise that Mr Leitch says he 'certainly hopes' that will be the case."

I didn't ever believe that the whole agency idea would just quietly disappear, but who knows? As I said the other day, Truss has been very quite of late, at a time when you would expect her to be doing a final big push :thumbsup:

Simona
16-06-2014, 08:39 PM

"When the refusal to engage in conversation with the sector or pay any attention to research and advice can lead Dr Lloyd to speculate that 'the whole agency issue may well just go away because there's no evidence-based argument for the agencies', it can be no surprise that Mr Leitch says he 'certainly hopes' that will be the case."

I didn't ever believe that the whole agency idea would just quietly disappear, but who knows? As I said the other day, Truss has been very quite of late, at a time when you would expect her to be doing a final big push :thumbsup:

Maybe Truss is thinking and realising her idea was not that revolutionary...
I'd rather listen to Prof Eva Lloyd anytime...not only she is Dutch ...she has also written often about the failure of Dutch agencies and is still not convinced they will work here!! :thumbsup:

Simona
17-06-2014, 05:17 PM

Not that quiet I am afraid and still promoting her agencies...this is her speech today about school supporting parents
She mentions a CMs agency operating within a school...that will be St Bede's Academy which was featured recently in NWorld

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/elizabeth-truss-speaks-about-how-schools-can-support-parents