PDA

View Full Version : 2 week trial

Trisha 13
26-07-2008, 08:15 PM
im not sure if this is the correct thread. I may have 2 children starting in August, I want to do a 2 week trial to make sure I can cope, as i also have 2 children. Do I do a contract as normal and if i can cope it just carries on. And if I cant cope should i just be honest and tell the mum that its to much with my own. One of my children is starting nusery and I have another at school so i will be out at least 4 times a day and the children who are starting are 2 months and 20 months, thanks Trisha x x x

butterfly
26-07-2008, 08:22 PM
if you use then ncma contracts you have a chane to put in a settling in period usually about 4 weeks before the proper contract starts. during this time either you or the parent can pull out without givng notice. you don't have to state a reason for cancelling the contract.

Mollymop
26-07-2008, 08:27 PM
As butterfly says, put the settling in period on the contract. I usually put 4 weeks and I explain this to the parent while we are signing

I know a few childminders that do not sign contracts until after their settling in period, but I would recommend signing contracts straight away to cover yourself.

Good luck, i hope it works out and you love having the new children xx

Trisha 13
26-07-2008, 08:27 PM
thank you x x x :)

Bushpig
26-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Ditto to what has been said already - and sign straight away, yes! Good luck :)